Position ID: 2414
Role: Batch Analyst
Duration: 12 months, with the option to extend the term up to 6 months. Contract cannot exceed 18 months.
Knowledge & Skills:
- College or University degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Enterprise systems and application delivery 6-7 years
- Mainframe, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CA7 scheduler
- Application Production support experience is highly desired
- Must have strong interpersonal, planning, facilitation, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Able to identify risk and issues and recommend appropriate mitigation plans.
- Can deal with changing priorities and meet tight timelines. Can work under pressure, manage competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work under pressure in a team for production support and respond effectively and efficiently to customers. Resource should be able to work in a fast passed environment and be able to handle critical time bound issues and have the ability to work and respond within a defined SLA
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of artifacts from other streams and appropriate escalations in time.
- Demonstrate experience in the workload automation space with a complete knowledge of the enterprise scheduler environment.
- Enterprise scheduler schedule updates
- Responsible for business automation improvements and maximizing the utilization of
- Enterprise Scheduling and Mainframe Automation Software.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams through projects to design, implement and supports the adoption of new scheduling processes.
- Work with complex batch processes.
- Provide application teams with support on problem determination and resolution of scheduling issues.
- Ability to be a technical interface between engineering and database teams to provide innovative and efficient approach to scheduling complex batch processes.
- Reports, minutes and presentation materials related to scheduling.
- Documents all aspects of the batch schedule.
- Follow industry trends and software developments to assist in creating a roadmap for the Enterprise Scheduling group.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are met for applications supported.
- Ensure daily scheduling requests are completed accurately and on time.
From Skills Matrix:
- Mainframe, Cobol, JCL experience 4-5 years
- Management or oversight of delivery of complex systems and enterprise applications 4-5 years
- Batch Execution and scheduling experience
- Experience in engagement with mutli-level stakeholders and cross departmental consensus building 3-4 years
- DB2 and VSAM experience of 5 yrs