Contract Term: 1 year
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol; Toronto, Ontario. The contracted resource will be required to work remotely due to the Covid-19 situation but, we may require the resource to work on premises in the future if the pandemic situation changes for better. The resource will be provided with a laptop and will be given remote access.
The IT Services department has several major capital programs and projects. These budgets require review, reporting, and support for IT Services and Corporate Finance departments.
Scope of Work
The Budget Coordinator will play a lead role managing the enterprise capital budgets and be responsible for:
- Preparing, analyzing, monitoring and co-ordinating multi-year capital budget submissions and other financial results/costs related to IT Services department activities.
- Preparing and analyzing detailed budget variances with respect to scope, schedule, volume and capacity to spend.
- Compiling, analyzing and preparing various financial/statistical information and reports
- Performing research and analysis on a variety of special projects
- Provides support, advice, and guidance on budget preparation and financial matters.
- Minimum 10-years hands-on experience supporting departmental annual capital budget exceeding $100M
- Expert knowledge of budget planning, budget management, and variance reporting
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Advanced experience with excel (including macros)
- Experience using SAP
- Experience provisioning support to an IT Department
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Excellent skills in cost management including management, reporting and forecasting
- Sound knowledge of standard accounting budgeting and cost control principles, methods, practices and performance measures combined with a sound knowledge of financial research methods and techniques.
- Well versed in the use of Microsoft Excel (including macros) and other computerized applications related to costing, budgeting and associated functions.
- Possesses good analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, verbal communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Annually coordinating/updating Capital Budget submission including:
- IT Services 10-year budget submission
- Operating Budget Impacts
- Budget Variances
- Project Expenditure Summary
- Project Summary
- Miscellaneous Capital Budget Submission Documentation
- Annual coordination of calendarization of approved project budgets by financial period
- Year-end coordination of Invoice Accruals
- By financial period reviewing budget/actual requirements within Project Status Reports and preparing a report of the resulting variances with detailed explanations
- Reviews purchase authorizations and resulting invoices to ensure budget and account information are accurate
- Reviews project documentation to ensure accuracy of budget information and approved funds exist (Project Change Requests)
- Ad-hoc Financial/Cost Management Reports and Financial Presentations as required
- Supports project managers to compile capital submissions