Business Analyst (digital video systems / CCTV)
Anticipated Duration: 1 year
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol; Toronto, Ontario. The contracted resource will be required to work remotely due to the Covid-19 situation but, we may require the resource to work on premises in the future if the pandemic situation changes for better. The resource will be provided with a laptop and will be given remote access.
- To complete research and publish a document outlining guidelines for design and implementation of CCTV, video equipment and usage using a Corporate Security and Crime Prevention.
- To develop, prepare and document a strategy that articulates and streamlines current and intended uses of CCTV and video technology.
- To create a framework that will effectively support integration, adoption and execution of projects resulting from the strategy.
- To implement a mechanism for departments that manage video technology to perform self-assessments to ensure compliance with the Use of Video Recording Systems in public areas.
The Program has a number of initiatives to be undertaken:
In-Car Camera System
The objective of the In-Car Camera System – Pilot is to test the use of the system to be utilized in a small-scale production environment before full implementation occurs. The Pilot shall include procurement, installation, configuration, training, deployment, maintenance, and support.
Centralization of the Video Management System
Streamline the number of VMSs today. Having more than 40 thousand cameras and at least 12 different VMSs in use today, the client faces lots of challenges in regard to the governance, procedures and labour used for the cameras.
The Capacity Study Team has undertaken an effort to conduct assessments at a number of locations to understand people flows, quantities, dwell and clearance times, bottlenecks, journey times and other metrics that can support more effective decision-making.
The Business Analyst will conduct business needs assessments and prepare documentation to support, including current state, future state and gap analyses, business requirements, solution and process modelling.
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
- Perform process and business analysis
- Collect and document detailed business requirements from business partners
- Collect and document detailed functional and non-functional requirements from the business and its partners
- Development of use case documentation and test cases to validate requirements
- Complete market surveys, solution identification and solution modelling
- Support business and technical teams with solution modelling and implementation planning for proofs-of-concept and pilot projects
- Complete estimates and business cases for long-term “production” solution
- Support solution development working with business, technical teams and external vendors to ensure fulfillment of requirements
- Development of operational procedures, documentation and materials to support functional use of the solution
- Provide timely project updates to chief enterprise architect, project manager and other team members
- Prepare and modify documents using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ensure integration with other organizational camera and video projects
- Organize and attend project meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Other project duties as assigned
- Awareness of current video management technologies, systems and artificial intelligence applications
- Implementing and using digital video systems and developing analytical KPIs
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (e.g. – Computer Science, Information System, Engineering) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a Business Analyst, Business/Systems Analyst, Business Architect and/or Project Lead
- Applied experience developing and implementing solutions leveraging LAN WAN, Wi-Fi, Cellular and Bluetooth technologies
- Developing use cases, validating test cases and relevant documentation related to business analysis including plans, presentations and solution implementation
- Experience in initiatives involving construction activities, IT systems and multiple stakeholders
- Experience with Network Communication systems and Network Communication-related technologies
- Extensive experience with complex IT systems integration
- Leadership of Scope of Services development and completion of RFP processes
- Ability to act as a liaison between several groups and departments
- Knowledge of MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Visio
- Familiarity with video analytics and machine learning technology
- Drafting and reviewing engineered drawings and schematics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience of developing process flow chart/diagram
- Genetec Security Center – Omnicast Technical Certification is an asset
- ITIL, CBAP, PBA, Scrum Master and/or PMP certification is an asset
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com