Anticipated Duration: 1 year
Project Location: Toronto, Ontario
Scope of Work
- Coordinate daily system and device maintenance activities, including designing and managing operational processes and procedures.
- Design and develop device availability and system and operations performance reports as well as service failure prediction analytics reports and statistics.
- Design and develop Use Cases and associated Test Scenarios as well as planning of required environments readiness for their execution.
- Assist in the verification of project documents, validation of performance traceability, verification and validation of vendor’s test procedures, ensure business processes & procedures conform to design and peer–to-peer session outcome documentation.
- Responsibilities will range from working with various stakeholders to create Current State, Concept of Operations documentation, Standard Operating Procedures, documentation such as specifications, screen prototypes such as wireframes, system interface specifications, report prototypes, data models, review programming standards, verification scenarios and verification results.
- Completing various project related documentation including Feasibility Studies, business case documentation and assisting in the preparation of project plans and project schedules, and project costing budget documentation.
- Provide support to the quality assurance team by assisting with the verification of scripts, and confirm business requirements.
- Perform support to the quality assurance team for functional, integration, regression and user acceptance testing. Develop user, operation, and system documentation.
- Provide end user training. Identify and recommend changes to enhance effectiveness of the system development life cycle.
- There will also be technical responsibilities of configuring hardware or software for the purpose of demonstrating system behaviour and troubleshooting when investigating problems as well as detailed analysis of transaction processing.
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- University degree/College Diploma in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Certified Business Analyst Professional designation
- Minimum of 2 years experience implementing business intelligence, data analytics, KPI frameworks in large organizations
- Minimum 3 years experience on Test Scenario/Case development and execution planning
- Minimum 3 years practical experience coordinating field maintenance work
- Minimum 2 years practical experience using MicroStrategy Business Intelligence application software
- Minimum 2 years experience using Microsoft SharePoint application software
- Understanding of automated fare collection concepts used in public transportation (PRESTO)
- Minimum 1 year of design and development of BPMN type process business diagrams
- Minimum 4 Years experience performing verification and validation activities on large enterprise projects.
Other Skills / Certification
- Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements – requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risk management
- Leadership skills to lead a group of Testers for particular business stream or device related testing phase
- Ability to design and develop device availability statistically proven reports as well as service failure prediction reports and stats.
- Extensive experience in testing of complex enterprise and/or industrial applications including functional, non-functional and system integration testing using requirements traceability and coverage analysis
- Proficient in database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access) to generate complex queries
- Knowledge of network and data communication protocols
- Interface Validation: automated data file parsing and analysis using Perl or Shell scripting
- Proven problem-solving skills to identify, validate and verify system and software application issues using defect management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for knowledge exchange and transfer