Telecommunications Business Analyst
Duration: 1 year
Potential Extension: up to 12 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Technical Business Analyst will support the launch of the public Wi-Fi services by the client.
The candidate will manage/coordinate the organization and development of a robust set of requirements and research based analysis, culminating in the implementation and delivery of a strategic RFP to support the procurement of services for publicly accessible Wi-Fi.
The candidate will be responsible for working with stakeholders from the inception of leading discussions on development of requirements through to assisting with framing the implementation plan
- Demonstrating a competent level of technical and domain knowledge around broadband technology and IT managed services
- Conduct research into assigned area ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government
- Contribute to the writing of the RFP – focusing on technology integration, relating business outcomes to the strategic plan and leveraging the mandatory and identified requirements
- Research and contribute specifically to the development of the technical requirements and collaborate with the project team in the creation and submission of the strategic RFP
- Provide process analysis, and business process re-engineering to support, ensuring both business and technology related solutions adhere to adopted methodologies, standards, regulations and/or policies
- Reviewing and coordinating documents for policy and procedures compliance, prepare documents for approved pilots/projects, create
- Monitoring work in progress, ensuring that all work executed is in accordance with the approved project parameters.
- Support business process improvement initiatives through the identification, analysis and documentation of gaps between current and desired end state processes; identify service/system process integration points, opportunities for standardization, simplification and process automation.
- Provide documentation, including but not limited to process models, business requirement definitions, cost estimations, environmental scans, and technology roadmaps in support of all stages (Concept, Definition, Planning, and Execution).
- Support the project team in preparing documentation such as risk/issue management plans/logs, business requirements, project charters, procurement documents, project schedules, reports and presentations.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience with telecom related technology projects and leading multiple stakeholders in telecom initiatives
- Post-secondary education in business or public administration, computer sciences, or in a discipline pertinent to the job function or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience analyzing and implementing business process modelling, business process improvement, organizational design, strategic plans, and management structure development in a telecom environment
- Intuitive understanding of various emerging technologies and deriving business value that aligns them together through integration while realizing the organization’s technology vision and roadmap
- Keen but pragmatic interest in next-generation B2B digital evolution and trends
- Competencies: o Superior analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Thorough organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Telecommunications industry, including but not limited to: knowledge of the management and support of broadband technologies and a solid understanding of telecom market trends and various emerging technologies
- Demonstrated experience with RFP development, including research, requirements gathering, technical writing, and business analysis
- Experience using a variety of software packages including process design software (e.g. Visio), project management software (e.g., MS Project) and MS Office (e.g., Power Point, Excel, Access, and Word)
- Strong understanding of third party contracts, vendor relationship management, and procurement process experience is essential