Client: Public Sector
Term: 6 months (possible extensions may exist)
Project Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Business Architect will have a minimum of 7 years of experience analyzing an organization or business domain, its business strategies, processes, and systems, assessing the business model including its use of technology, and developing future business strategies, service operation models.
- Develops and validates the value drivers for the solution, provides leadership and guidance to decision makers in managing the value of the solution over time as conditions change
- Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of business architecture to effectively support business strategy. Apply and utilize business modeling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making
- Leads the effort to work with business leaders to identify business capability needs and prioritization
- Leads the effort to identify and document capability and initiative needs and strategic prioritization into business architecture deliverables (roadmaps etc.).
- Leads Senior Management through the development of a business architecture plan for the line of business. Evaluate and present information that will facilitate effective and timely decision-making through written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings with recommendations.
- Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement. Build models to validate analysis and hypothesis.
- Assists in the preparation of Business Cases to support new projects, enhancements and changes in processes
- Able to quickly understand or develop abstract concepts as foundational elements of solutions. Able to craft business strategies and solutions in concert
- Ensure solutions developed across organization are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Other business analyst duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management or an equivalent field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working as a business architect or similar role
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience defining and implementing strategies on behalf of members of the CXO suite.
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture best practices and goals
- Must possess a high level of communications, and client relationship skills. The architect must be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts, both to clients (internal or external) and to team members, and to negotiate change
- Must be capable of effectively identifying and framing problems, leading the collection of elements of information, and integrating this information to produce timely and thoughtful decisions
- The ability to apply architectural principles, methods, and tools to business challenges
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com