Citrix Consultant-Project Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Anticipated Duration: 1 year
Duration of Potential Extension: up to 12 months
Description of Assignment
Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop version 7.15 is being used as an application delivery platform and needs to be upgraded to the latest Long Term Service Release (LTSR). Citrix Cloud capabilities need to be evaluated as an infrastructure improvement project. The Citrix Consultant/Project Manager will apply best industry practices, knowledge and skills to execute this project. The Consultant will be involved in various activities from assessing the current environment, requirements gathering, planning, writing a design document, prototype implementation, application testing and optimization, implementation and roll out, developing documentation and transfer knowledge.
- Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE-V) or a combination of Citrix Certified Associate (CCA-V) and Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V);
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N);
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service on Citrix Cloud (CC-VAD-CC) or Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (CCP-N) in good standing. (By the time of submission, the candidate must provide access to certification from the Citrix Certifications Tracking System by emailing Credential Verification Report).
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must be able to forecast the scope, provide WBS and be able to documents all phases of Project Life Cycle as required by the Project Manager.
- Minimum of 7 years’ demonstrated experience in Citrix architecture design, configuration, implementation, and testing, support and optimization of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop/Virtual Apps & Desktop experience in a large scale enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing at least three (3) large scale XenApp/XenDesktop/Virtual Apps & Desktop projects in last 7 years.
- Demonstrated experience in configuring, implementing, testing and supporting optimizing Citrix infrastructure components including but not limited to NetScaler, Storefront, Director, Studio, SQL Database, MCS and VDA’s.
- Minimum of 7 year demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating System/Terminal Services and in particular, recent experience with Windows 2016/2019 configuration, implementation, performance tuning, support and preventive maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in developing proposals, creating architecture documentation, drawings and other relevant documentation as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to lead meetings and present complex information to staff and management team of multiple skill levels. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills as well as superior organizational qualities in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge in Citrix XenApp/Virtual Apps & Desktop technologies and Server Virtualization (VMWare)
- Extensive knowledge of Virtual Apps & Desktop, Desktop/Application Streaming and packaging, Storefront, NetScaler, Secure Gateway (CSG) and Resource Management Services (RMS), Installation Management Services, Branch Repeater and Access Gateway (CAG) with Advanced Access Control, Application Profiling.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies including but not limited to Windows Server 2016/2019 Operating System, Windows 10 Operating System, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft SQL and DNS.
- Extensive knowledge in Citrix environment assessments, health checks, installation, management, application testing, administration and upgrades.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Cloud technologies including migrations to Citrix Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of project management software, such as MS Project.
- Work as a Subject Matter Expert/Project Manager for the Citrix upgrade and relevant IT Infrastructure projects, ensuring timely and successful completion.
- Authors detailed design document, technical/risk memos, procedures, operational run book, configuration/build documents, as required
- Authors Citrix Application On-boarding Policies & Procedures
- Authors and maintains documentation, including but not limited to architecture, standards, processes, security, and inventory, to ensure high quality service and project support on an ongoing basis
- Gather, analyse, and evaluate business requirements and constraints, evaluate existing conditions, develop technical requirements, develop design document and drawings, develop implementation plan and configuration sets, develop verification/testing plan, create/update as-built architecture drawings
- Develop and documents architecture standards and strategies to promote the long-term stability, efficiency, and effectiveness of Toronto Water’s Citrix environment.
- Prepare Request for Proposal, Request for Quotation as required
- Review RFP/RFQ questions and prepare RFP/RFQ responses as required