ColdFusion Systems Analyst
Client: Public Sector
Contract Term: 3 months
Project Location: London, Ontario
Our Public Sector Client is looking for a Systems Analyst with experience developing and supporting applications built in ColdFusion. The Systems Analyst is needed for three (3) months to perform thorough analysis of an existing legacy solution and prepare a technology proposal for a replacement that will ready later this year.
The legacy solution was designed and built by a single source software vendor, using ColdFusion development platform, to leverage Adobe PDF and Forms technology. The application is generally used for three purposes: data entry, accessing and aggregating data. The Systems Analyst will be required to review the application’s built in business rules and workflows to develop the base business requirements of the new solution.
The Systems Analyst is also expected to be knowledgeable with ColdFusion, MS Office Suite, and is familiar with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.
Scope of Services and Deliverables
- Resource will perform analysis on a legacy technology solution written in ColdFusion to derive and document the embedded business rules/logic, workflow process, and technical design.
- Resource will document the current database architecture and schema to understand the logical design for data security, integrity, and segregation.
- Resource will evaluate technology options and prepare a recommended proposal to architect a new solution as it aligns with the strategic direction of the client.
- Resource will complete documentation and knowledge transfer delivery to FTE’s.
Tools & Technology
- Must have experience with system analysis in order to reverse engineer an existing solution.
- Must have experience developing and supporting applications built in ColdFusion.
- Must have experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. Must have experience working with Adobe PDF and Forms.
- Experience with interRAI preferred.
Application Design & Architecture
- Must have experience with application design and architecture.
- Must have experience with preparing proposals for new technology solutions.
- Must be familiar with Agile development methodology.
- Must have knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and experience developing accessibility compliant applications.
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com