Cost Analyst (3-year contract)
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol. Toronto. The contracted resource will be required to work remotely due to the Covid-19 situation, but may require work on premises in the future if the pandemic situation changes for better. The resource will be provided with a laptop and will be given remote access.
Scope of Work
- Preparing, analyzing, monitoring and coordinating multi-year capital budget submissions and other financial results/costs related to IT Services department activities.
- Preparing, analyzing, and reporting on project budget variances with respect to scope, schedule, volume and capacity to spend.
- Compiling, analyzing and preparing various financial/statistical information and reports
- Provides support, advice, and guidance on budget preparation and financial matters.
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience supporting departmental annual budget exceeding 50 Million
- Expert knowledge of budget planning, budget management, and variance reporting
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Excellent skills in cost management including management, reporting and forecasting
- Sound knowledge of standard accounting budgeting and cost control principles, methods, practices and performance measures combined with a sound knowledge of financial research methods and techniques.
- Well versed in the use of Microsoft Excel (including macros) and other computerized applications related to costing, budgeting and associated functions.
- Possesses good analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, verbal communication, report writing and presentation skills.