JO 2451: DW-BI Developer (Systems Analyst)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Term: 1 year
The Data Warehouse Developer (Systems Analyst) will be responsible for modeling, designing and developing data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. He/she will follow design & development methodologies and documentation standards.
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
- Work with the Enterprise Data project team in designing, developing and maintaining the enterprise data warehouse and associated data marts
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting SSIS packages to integrate data from multiple systems
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting complex T-SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers, indexes, etc.
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting MicroStrategy data cubes, dashboards and reports
- Responsible for designing and implementing data quality processes
- Assist in the data modelling of the data warehouse/data mart solution(s) as required for the Enterprise Data solution.
- Work closely with the business analysts, and other team members, to understand requirements
- Convert business requirements to technical specifications.
- Research, document and share knowledge with the project team.
- Provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken
- Create project documentation according to the Project Management Office Standards.
- Work on other project tasks as assigned.
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- A university degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Data Warehouse and/or Business Intelligence developer.
- Extensive hands-on experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012 (SSIS, SSAS, DQS)
- Expert understanding and enterprise scale experience working with Data Warehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) implementations
- Expert in Microsoft Transact-SQL programming with the ability to optimize, analyze and improve database SQL performance.
- Extensive hands-on experience developing business intelligence solutions; data cubes, dashboards and reports using MicroStrategy
- Strong understanding of data modelling techniques as relates to data warehouse design.
- Experience with data quality, data cleansing and data stewardship processes and techniques
- Ability to solve complex data problems by analysis, develop appropriate solutions and clearly communicate those solutions to the team.
- Ability to work efficiently and provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Other Skills / Certification
- Hands-on experience working with Microsoft Analytics Platform System (APS)
- Experience working in an Agile project development environment
- Detailed technical design and functional specifications.
- Completed system components ‘unit tested’ and ready for System, QA and User Acceptance testing.
- Technical support during the various stages of testing (system integration, QA, User Acceptance)
- Implementation preparation.
- Technical documentation
- Post implementation support
- Status Reports