Financial Analyst (Leasing Contracts)
Client: Public Sector
Anticipated Duration: up to six (6) months with a possibility to extend.
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol. The contracted resource will be required to work remotely due to the Covid-19 situation but, we may require the resource to work on premises in the future if the pandemic situation changes for better. The resource will be provided with a laptop and will be given remote access.
The Financial/Business Analyst will have a minimum of 5 years of hands on experience working with financial analysis of an organization or business domain and documents, its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with financial processes related to leases, leasing contracts, and leasing functions, and other work areas or business units.
- Defines and documents business or program area functions and processes related to leasing arrangements, lease processes, lease contracts.
- Consults business subject matter experts to identify, define and document business requirements and objectives related to leasing arrangements, lease contracts, current operational and required operationalization procedures, problems, input and output requirements
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical team, consultants and other governmental organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of solutions to ensure optimal operational performance
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications with intention to operationalize changes; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through management discussion, and the use of technology and/or through business process changes;
- Assists in the preparation of Business Cases to support new projects, enhancements and changes in processes
- Reads and interprets technical literature and translates in terms understandable to the end-users or non-technical staff
- Plans, organizes and conducts business process reengineering/improvement projects and/or management reviews of programs significant or specific to a government or a department
- Consolidates information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business requirements
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
- Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff
- Develops training curriculum and conducts formal training sessions covering assigned systems module
- Directs or participates in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, resolve problems including organizational, procedural, technical and fiscal research and analysis
- Develops policy and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external customer service
- Prepares reports and written findings and recommendations; and monitors changes.
- Provides work direction to one or more technical or clerical staff or acts as a team lead on designated projects or assignments
- Other business analyst duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Commerce, Computer Science or an equivalent field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a financial/business analyst which includes experience working with leasing contracts, leasing functions and an understanding of lease financing arrangements and related processes.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience documenting/conducting process re-engineering
- Must possess high level of communications, and client relationship skills. The Analyst must be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts, both to clients (internal or external) and to team members, and to negotiate change towards operationalizing new procedures.
- Must be capable of effectively identifying and framing problems, leading the collection of elements of information, and integrating this information to produce timely and thoughtful decisions
It is preferred that the Resource has the following qualifications or experience:
- Accreditation from Business Analyst professional association is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK) is considered an asset
- Accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Project Management Professional (PMP) is considered an asset
- Able to use Microsoft Office Products (Excel, MS Project, BI)
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP);
- Understanding of legal contracts, leasing functions and an understanding of lease financing arrangements with the ability to operationalize required changes to financial processes as needed.
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com