Front-End Developer – JO 2574
Duration: 4 months to start with optional extension of up 12 months
Project Location: Toronto, Ontario
An experienced Front End Developer is required, to design, develop, and implement tools which provide an optimal user experience for the team using technologies such as HTML5 (CSS3, JQuery, Bootstrap, Angular), Mobile (Cordova, SAP SMP), APIs, WordPress, and SharePoint technologies. This will include:
- Analyzing requirements and preparing app design materials
- Scoping and recommending improvements to the client’s customer facing back-office user experiences in collaboration with business owners and project team as needed
- Designing and developing new HTML5 front-end based on client’s UX development framework (based on CSS3, Jam, Bootstrap, Angular)
- Designing and developing Hybrid Mobile new front-end apps based on client’s mobile app development platform (Cordova, SAP SMP)
- Ensure that the web applications are compliant with client web standards and AODA WCAG 2.0 Level A and Level AA requirements
- Configuring existing APIs
- Preparing test cases and developing automated test scripts for automated build and regression tests
- Testing existing applications, fixing defects, implementing app improvements areas
- Contributing to a new quality assurance framework specific to areas of Web Application User Interface Standards which includes Accessibility and Usability, as needed
- Proactively monitoring progress, resolving is and initiating corrective action as appropriate to ensure that this engagement value according to senior management stakeholder timelines
- Initiate extra activities and other interventions wherever gaps in the implementation are identified or issue arise
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in software development for large-scale of enterprise-wide application development projects. Recent experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, or IBM BlueMix would be an asset.
- 8+ years of experience developing front-end apps integrated with JSON Restful APIs, including developing Single Page Applications, and in developing Web-services, WSDL, XML schemas and JSON REST APIs. OData experience would be an asset.
- Post secondary education in computer science a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 10+ years of experience in. software analysis, design techniques and system implementation methodologies, including: software architecture, development, testing and technical documentation development of the work performed, and conducting interviews to determine systems requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written, analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Experience conduct research, investigations and providing recommendations of best practices for information and application services, and preparing and presenting technical materials, including standards, procedures and technical specifications to all levels of management of staff
- 5+ years of REST API development experience
- Technical knowledge developing compliant web-based applications, including in compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) as per the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.0.
- Understanding of privacy, security and auditing, including how they can be reviewed, monitored and enhanced in regards to system implementation would be an asset.
- 3+ years using version control system specifically Git
- 3+ years of experience in WordPress including developing themes and plugins (PHP development as it relates to WordPress)
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/28/d610539099/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399