Guidewire Developer – JO-2592
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: Approx. 5-6 months to start with, with the option to extend the term up to 12 months
Knowledge & Skills:
- Overall 10+ years in design and development of systems – preferably within Insurance
- 5+ years of hands on experience of Guidewire Design and Development on Claims Center. Claims Center Certification would be a bonus.
- Working experience for Guidewire claim center with hands on experience with messaging, api, working with web service, startable plugin and batch job etc.
- Experience working with at least 1 major Insurance carrier – either full time or as a consultant
- 4-years Bachelor’s degree, Excellent organization and communication skills
- 3+ years of experience with hands on Guidewire ClaimCenter.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to all audiences verbally and in writing
- Experienced with Agile methodologies as well as devops tools
- Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of Guidewire Claimcenter and the out of the box software functionality
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately.
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Worker Compensation Lines
- Skilled with JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket or equivalent tool
- Experience with the full SDLC, including the end-to-end test cycle and agile/iterative development and delivery
- As a member of a project team, a Senior GW developer will collaborate with architecture team on the analysis of business needs to deliver technical requirements and other project artifacts to the project team as well as assist with hands on development activities.
- The resource will play a key role in defining system & integration technical functionality and leveraging technology to address business strategies and resolve operational needs.
- Must have experience in all functions as a traditional software development life cycle and a strong understanding of Insurance industry, Guidewire Claim Center and of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services and legacy systems. He/She will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements definition for Claims Management as well as downstream systems and reporting into technical & non-functional specs.
- This assignment in particular will include Guidewire specific design work, troubleshooting, and optimization including the integration side. This role will also provide the necessary software leadership to the development team and help ensure that the architectural vision is correctly realized during the construction and support the team through the release of code to production
- Build, construction and implementation of Guidewire Claims Center
- Demonstrate in-depth, hands-on knowledge and experience with Guidewire Claim Center 8 or above including configurations and integrations, DevOps Tools
- Well versed with Guidewire recommended guidelines and the best practices
- Knowledgeable on P&C Personal lines Claims business functions
- Familiar with Guidewire upgrade process – technical or functional. Ability to conduct impact analysis and testing
- Provides technical consulting to business analysts, and technical associates, while working in close coordination with the architecture team
- Possesses skills and knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) methodologies and processes such as object-oriented programming, distributed, and cross-platform program communication. Strong understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services and legacy systems is must
- Understands business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions