Guidewire Specialist, JO 2502
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Duration: 6 months to start; option to extend for additional 12 months
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to work with a team on building and providing oversight on the solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions.
- Must have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
- Must be capable of playing different roles within the team, from lead to high-skilled developer and technical team leader to specialist and technical mentor.
- Must have a sound understanding of Guidewire applications, API, Enteprise Integration Patterns, technology architecture and infrastructure but also very good communication skills, with the ability to adapted them to different audiences.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Guidewire configuration and integration development using GOSU with PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, Billing Center and Contact Manager.
- 5+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE applications.
- Attention to detail and ability to oversee multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of independence but also able to work as a team player.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies.
- Familiar with SDLC including Water Fall and Agile.
- Experience working on development teams for large internet based front-end applications.
- Guidewire Certification is preferred.
- Ability to conduct effective code reviews.
Hands-on experience, working knowledge and strong technical skills in the following technologies:
- 5+ years’ experience designing and supporting implementation of Guidewire products
- 2+ years’ experience in ESB, Guidewire Plug-ins, Messaging, and API.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing and supporting packaged Vendor products.
- Integration with Web Content Management tools
- Source Code version tools such as Apache Subversion, and Git, GitHub.
- Experience with Jenkins and Bitbucket
- Participate in construction; oversee code reviews and sets standards for practices
- Partners with the project team to provide estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact maintenance release schedules
- Provide technical leadership, enforcing the vision of the application architecture and integrity of the application environment in alliance with architects and other tech leads
- Collaborates with project team members, including external and offshore partners, during the process. Provides or supports training and documentation.
- Understand the overall technical vision for projects, programs and systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization.
- Subject matter expert and advocate for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth in their knowledge of the business, technologies, applications, integration and interfaces.
- Mentor, coach and train team members and peers, both internal and vendor partners, to enforce development guidelines and best practices.
- Identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership in the operational application support areas.
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision.
- Build code that conforms to development coding standards and industry best practices.
- Work closely with development team, BA’s, App managers, QA test leads and architects using Agile/Waterfall methodology.
- Oversee technical deliverables, coaching and mentoring of junior developers and provide technical leadership for same.
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization.
- Contribute to and promote teamwork in a multi-vendor environment developing complex multi-layered enterprise applications.
- Conduct code reviews and perform code migrations.
- Guidewire construction as a lead software engineer or tech lead: 3+ year
- Guidewire Claim Center, Policy Center, Billing Center and Contact Manager 3+ years
- Experience working with ESB, Guidewire Plug-ins, Messaging, and API. 2+
- Understand the interface requirements and configuration architecture 2 + years
- JAVA development: 4 years
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/28/d610539099/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399