Hyperion EPM Technology Architect
Contract Term: 1 year to start with; with optional extension
Work Location: Downtown Toronto
- Carry out any necessary software installations, upgrades (11.2) or apply patches as required including working with IT infrastructure resources, planning and managing regression testing.
- Software maintenance will need to be performed on a wide variety of platforms including MS Windows Server, Linux and Solaris.
- Must be able to perform these functions for the following software components as a minimum: Oracle Hyperion Planning (Planning, Financial Reporting, Smart View, Essbase, ODI, OAM Integration (webgate).
- Highly desirable would be experience installing and managing the following software components: OBIEE, APEX, Oracle RDBMS.
- Perform tasks outlined above in a load-balanced, high availability computing configuration. (Clustering)
- Work with vendor to ensure all software components are compatible with current software versions and take the lead in upgrade and patch planning.
- Performance tune applications and Oracle software components as required meeting end-user response time expectations.
- Monitor and install software fixes and upgrades to all software components outlined above.
- Participate in discussions with data centre managers, cyber security staff, and other stakeholders involved in managing the application infrastructure components.
- Provide technical support for development teams across all four applications noted above.
- Ensure ongoing integration with corporate security solution which is based on Oracle Access Manager.
- Effective knowledge transfer to the business staff at all stages of this assignment.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience managing upgrades, patching and performance tuning for complex EPM applications across multiple platforms (Solaris, Linux, Windows).
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience installing and configuring APEX, OBIEE and Oracle RDBMS.
- Experience performing all core Oracle Hyperion Planning administration and development functions including provisioning users, ideally in an OAM security environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing all aspects of the infrastructure environment including network integration, SSL configuration, backups and file system management.
- Proven experience effectively managing Service Requests with Oracle.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.