JO 2430: Intermediate Quality Assurance Test Analyst
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Term: 28 weeks
The purpose of the project is to define and deliver KPI reports and dashboards for various departments namely using necessary tools, data marts and a data warehouse which will allow for the flexible integration, storage and retrieval of data in support of business processes, practices and business applications to meet the business objectives.
The project will deliver the tools for Data Management and Business Analytical reporting and will establish the means for the timely delivery of accurate and trusted data used by business processes and applications in support of business decision making
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
Responsibilities will range from analysing requirements, ensuring completion of QA identified activities, creating test plans and test cases for testing, executing test cases, documenting problem reports for identified problems, performing regression testing, maintaining test logs and producing test metrics based on test results.
Ensure that the execution of QA processes and testing strategies lead to the deployment of quality applications and products to users and customers. Review all relevant project documentation and provide feedback as required. Identify and recommend changes to enhance effectiveness of software development life cycle. Duties will also include support of related user acceptance testing activities.
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- Minimum of 5 years QA experience with multi-layer architectural applications and complex enterprise and/or industrial applications.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to quickly ramp up understanding of underlying technologies.
- Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards. Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, agile)
- Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements, requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risks.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts, related technologies and testing approach/methods
- Understanding of ETL processes and extensive experience in ETL processes testing with various dimensional models of data warehouse and complex business rules for sources to target data mapping
- Hands on experience in testing with various relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle) as well as flat files based data, including binary and encrypted data
- Creation of complex SQL scripts/queries and output results analysis
- Experience in automation of testing for data warehouse, databases, and data quality.
- Development of testing scripts (HP UFT, Perl, Shell, etc.) for testing of complex ETL business logic, output data and log files parsing/analysis.
- Experience with testing of applications/dashboards developed with MicroStrategy BI tool.
- MS SharePoint and Team Foundation Server experience.
- Understanding of Data Quality Assurance principles.
Other Skills / Certification
- Knowledge of Software Metrics concepts (Function Points)
- Performance testing experience
- Hands-on experience with testing of networking and various communication protocols.
- Testing experience with Informatica is an asset
- University degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering, CSTE/CSQA certification is an asset
- Test Plan
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Test Cases
- Completion of all compatibility, system and regression tests for Business Applications
- Test Results and defect logs documentation
- Status Reports
- Various project and system related documentation