Junior Security Technical Lead
Client: Public Sector
Contract Term: 1 year
Project Location: Toronto, Ontario
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
- Working with ISO and stakeholders to document and taking documented Action Plans and turn them into actionable tasks with deliverables, assigned resources (similar to project plan)
- Serving as a liaison between users/stakeholders and the ISO team
- Working independently within guidelines, provides analytical support to ISO on business applications, infrastructure and technology related activities.
- Acts as a key project team member, specifically in requirements definition, project and implementation planning activities and project deliverables.
- Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on complex problems and ensures resolution.
- Proactively identify potential issues and collaborate with cross-functional teams to mitigate issues and risks by planning and implementing solutions.
- Provide writing and editing support for team members, ensuring documents are properly formatted and that grammar, punctuation, and verb tense are correct.
- Facilitate efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including internal teams and vendor.
- Schedule, organize, task, and report on project progress with ISO and/or out to other areas such as IT Project Management.
- Communication with vendors for implementation.
- Formulate and document plans to implement recommendations
- Assist the project team with the development of presentations, updates to administrative documentation and the documentation of deliverables.
- Schedule various meetings, record and track meetings, minutes and progress on action items.
- Support follow up and documentation of daily operational issues.
- Work with other project team members (both internally and externally) to determine the document contents.
- Maintain and track documentation on SharePoint and MSProject Online.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Experience documenting data and process flows with transition-state diagrams using a standardized language/notation (including UML) and compatible tool (including Microsoft Visio) is an asset.
- Monitor progress to assure deadlines and standards are met.
- Gathering, documenting and validating business, solution and technical requirements.
- Write and edit requirements documentation, functional, non-functional and technical specifications
- Preparing user training materials, presentation decks and training plans
- Other project duties as assigned
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- University degree or equivalent postsecondary in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience documenting and helping to implement technical solutions as part of a project/team
- A high proficiency level in specific job related skills is required.
- Attention to detail is required
- Able to balance ownership/leadership of tasks and taking direction as part of the team
- Self-motivated and is willing / able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of business software and IT systems
- Good Microsoft Project, Sharepoint and preferably MS Visio capabilities
- Strong communication skills
- Works independently and with the ISO team/PM
- Excellent at communicating ideas to both technical and non-technical people in all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written with ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Flexibility/Adaptability is required, especially when working in a large team
- Good organization and time management skills
- Demonstrable experience engaging with stakeholders from different business and technical areas
- Experience with IT/technical implementations and understanding how systems are affected by business process change and security considerations
Other Skills / Certification
- Good written and oral communications skills required to lead team work and presentations as required
- Familiarity with industry Information Security standards and frameworks is preferred e.g. ISO 27001, NIST, IEC 62443
- Experience producing documentation, charts, spreadsheets, Powerpoint presentations
- Hands on experience with MS Office tools. Visio is an asset.
- Security certification(s) an asset
- Consolidated Action Plans from multiple source documents, standard project deliverables (project implementation plan, project plan in MS Project, updates to technical documents)
- Process and policy documents with associated workflows
- Presentation materials and related documents
- Others as determined by management direction
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com