Senior Manager of Solution Delivery
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
This position is accountable for the Solution Delivery within the ITS business unit reporting directly to the Director.
The accountabilities of the Solution Delivery department include:
- Development of custom software
- Tier 2 & 3 support of custom software
- Stewardship of the Solution Delivery Life Cycle processes
- Solution Analysis and Data Analysis service for changes to IT systems
- Development of standards and guidelines for software development
- Custodian of the list of development tools use to deliver custom software including software libraries
- Owner of the software repositories
The Senior Manager, Solution Delivery is responsible for the day to day activities necessary to fulfill these accountabilities. This position is responsible for the efficient delivery, high quality of development, solution analysis and data analysis services.
The Senior Manager, Solution Delivery must develop and maintain key relationships within ITS as well as Enterprise Change and develop a good understanding of all business functions.
- Coordination with Business Services units to deliver solutions can be effectively supported and that projects provide support staff with the appropriate training, tools and procedures to perform their responsibilities.
- Coordination with the Infrastructure and Operations division to deliver solutions that integrate with infrastructure and that projects provide staff with the appropriate training, tools and procedures to perform their responsibilities.
- Coordination with Information Security to deliver solutions that are aligned with security standards and guidelines
- Coordinate with Enterprise Change to become an effective team when delivering projects that involve IT changes.
The Senior Manager, Solution Delivery must manage staff and their work programs/projects ensuring priorities and deadlines are met and that services are delivered according to defined service levels. The Senior Manager, Solution Delivery must also exercise full managerial accountabilities, including human resource management in the areas of staff development, training, performance reviews, staff hiring and advancement, salary recommendations/approvals, all aspects of performance management including dismissal, administering work programs and ensuring staff output effectively meets business needs and goals.
Key job functions include:
- Manage staff and their work programs/projects ensuring priorities and deadlines meet objectives of the unit. Plan, organize, schedule and assign work. Provide advice, guidance, and coordinate activities. Exercise full managerial accountabilities, including human resource management in the areas of staff development, training, performance reviews, staff hiring and advancement, salary recommendations/approvals, all aspects of performance management including dismissal, administering work programs and ensuring staff output effectively meets business needs and goals; ensuring quality, quantity, timeliness of work production to achieve business objectives. Plan work programs and establish budget in order to achieve work program objectives.
- Manage, plan, organize, and maintain mechanisms, processes, capabilities and systems to:
- Provide software deliveries on time and with high quality that meet customer requirements
- Deliver solution designs that are aligned with the IT Architecture and deliver the business requirements specified in the business requirements
- Deliver database designs that support solution needs as well as analytical requirements
- Manage provision of support for business change
- Manage support for IT Service Management obligations
- Participate as a management resource to resolve labour relations matters such as job challenges grievances, and arbitration cases. As head of a unit, be responsible for presenting management positions at staff grievances. May be called upon to act as a management representative on various committees, teams, etc, involving labour relations matters, e.g., Society grievances/Society bargaining team.
- Perform other duties as required
Skill / Knowledge / Experience / Education Required
Requires fluency in both oral and written English to communicate effectively. Requires knowledge of technical writing to prepare effective reports and presentations. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a 4 year university education in the appropriate field/ discipline or by having the equivalent level of education.
Requires experience with information technology and IT operations practices and procedures. Requires experience in the supervisory aspects of the job. Requires experience in project management
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Comfort Around Higher Management
- Decision Quality
- Developing Direct Reports
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
- Dealing with Ambiguity
What this Job offers:
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefit programs
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle
- A challenging fast-paced team environment
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry