Position 2432: Metadata Solutions Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Term: 3 months, with the option to extend the term up to 3 months
Knowledge & Skills:
- Metadata Solution Engineer with 5+ years of continuous experience working with high-performing technical and business teams on large-scale, strategic Enterprise Data Management projects.
- The individual must have deep experience in investigating operational and analytical data lineage and documenting information assets.
- In addition, the Engineer must be detailed oriented conducting macro-level analysis of documented lineage flows across and between business processes, systems and data elements.
- Strong analytical skills and industry expertise on extrapolating business rules and data rules from legacy systems is also a must.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a senior technical data analyst advising Senior Management and implementing (end-to-end from initial data mapping to cutover to legacy decommissioning) at least two, multiyear large-scale enterprise data projects in the fields of Master Data Management (MDM), Enterprise Data Warehousing, or Big Data Analytics in some combination of Public Sector, Insurance, and Banking.
- Minimum 5 years of continuous experience in preparing technical project artifacts such as data-centric solution design documents, implementation strategy decks, data risk assessments, data security and infrastructure design as well as business focused deliverables such as business data requirements, data acceptance testing, data governance and stewardship requirements.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a technical role with IBM Information Server Information Governance Catalog (IIS) or working with automated data lineage solutions.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with code scanning (primarily Cobol/JCL), code flow, data lineage, and metadata tools
- Working knowledge of Information Server Manager and Fastrack is an asset as is experience working with Mainframe, SAS, SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle.
- Working knowledge of business rule mining, categorization, etc., as it relates to IBM Information Governance Catalog – IGC is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience delivering prototypes and early outputs to show progress to enable discussion for the agreement of requirements.
Review source systems’ application stack, source code, data, and hardware environments. Fill in detail as required and prepare solution documentation and discuss/resolve any concerns with various client resources as appropriate.
Identify and document metadata naming conventions and standards from existing environments and those to be used in new environments.
- Obtain approvals for approach to security and connectivity and submit requests as necessary for access, security setup, firewall rules, etc.
- Assist with creating a data and metadata ingestion preparation document and checklist and work with client resources as required to obtain information, access, support, etc., as needed to identify and satisfy all pre-requisites.
- Perform configuration, connectivity, testing and validation of environments and associated set up of source/target connectivity, interfaces with version control, job scheduling and other SDLC related interfaces and activities while maintaining complete step by step documentation.
- Provide performance and design improvement recommendations.