Microstrategy Business Intelligence Developer – Job 2567
Project Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Duration: 1 year
The Business Intelligence Developer (Systems Analyst) will be responsible for designing and developing business intelligence solutions that include a database component.
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
- Work with the Business Intelligence & Analytics team in designing, developing, maintaining the Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data platforms and associated solutions.
- Responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and documenting MicroStrategy data cubes, dashboards and reports.
- Responsible for modelling data and designing MicroStrategy data schemas.
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting SSIS packages to integrate data from multiple systems
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting complex T-SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers etc.
- Responsible for designing and implementing data quality processes
- Work closely with the business analyst(s), and other team members to understand, and deliver on, requirements
- Convert business requirements to technical specifications.
- Research, document and share knowledge with the project team.
- Provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken
- Create project documentation according to the Project Management Office Standards.
- Work on other project tasks as assigned.
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- A university degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Business Intelligence developer.
- Extensive hands-on experience developing business intelligence solutions; data cubes, dashboards and reports using MicroStrategy 10 or later
- Extensive hands-on experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later and building ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Expert understanding and enterprise scale experience working with Business Intelligence (BI) implementations and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Expert in Microsoft Transact-SQL programming with the ability to optimize, analyze and improve database SQL performance.
- Good understanding of data modelling techniques as relates to data warehouse design.
- Experience with data quality, data cleansing and data stewardship processes and techniques
- Ability to solve complex data problems by analysis, develop appropriate solutions and clearly communicate those solutions to the team.
- Ability to work efficiently and provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Other Skills / Certification
- Hands-on experience working with Microsoft Analytics Platform System (APS)
- Experience working in an Agile project development environment
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/28/d610539099/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399