Anticipated Duration: 1 year (12-month extension option)
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol; remote; Toronto, Ontario
The Business Intelligence Developer (Systems Analyst) will be responsible for designing and developing business intelligence solutions and/or enhancing and supporting existing solutions.
Scope of Work
- Work with the Business Intelligence & Analytics team in designing, developing, maintaining the Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data platforms and associated solutions.
- Responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and documenting MicroStrategy data cubes, dashboards and reports.
- Responsible for modelling data and designing MicroStrategy data schemas.
- Responsible to assist and support end users with the MicroStrategy tool.
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting SSIS packages to integrate data from multiple systems
- Work closely with the business analysts, and other team members to understand, and deliver on, requirements
- Convert business requirements to technical specifications.
- Research, document and share knowledge with the project team.
- Provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken
- Create project documentation according to the Project Management Office Standards.
- Work on other project tasks as assigned.
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- A university degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Business Intelligence developer.
- Extensive hands-on experience developing business intelligence solutions; data cubes, dashboards and reports using MicroStrategy 10 or later
- Extensive hands-on experience working with MicroStrategy Command Managers, Integrity Manager and Object Manager toolset.
- Experience with working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later and building ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Good understanding of data modelling techniques as relates to data warehouse design.
- Experience with data quality, data cleansing and data stewardship processes and techniques
- Ability to solve complex data problems by analysis, develop appropriate solutions and clearly communicate those solutions to the team.
- Ability to work efficiently and provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders
Other Skills / Certification
- Experience working in an Agile project development environment
- MicroStrategy Certifcation(s) an asset.
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com