Project Location: work from home; downtown Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 + 1 year
The Business Intelligence Developer (Systems Analyst) will be responsible for designing and developing business intelligence solutions and/or enhancing and supporting existing solutions.
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
- Work with the Business Intelligence & Analytics team in designing, developing, maintaining the Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data platforms and associated solutions
- Responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and documenting MicroStrategy data cubes, dashboards and reports
- Responsible for modelling data and designing MicroStrategy data schemas
- Responsible to assist and support end users with the MicroStrategy tool
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting SSIS packages to integrate data from multiple systems
- Work closely with the business analysts, and other team members to understand, and deliver on, requirements
- Convert business requirements to technical specifications.
- Research, document and share knowledge with the project team
- Provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken
- Create project documentation
- Work on other project tasks as assigned
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- A university degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Business Intelligence developer.
- Extensive hands-on experience developing business intelligence solutions; data cubes, dashboards and reports using MicroStrategy 10 or later
- Extensive hands-on experience working with MicroStrategy Command Managers, Integrity Manager and Object Manager toolset.
- Experience with working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later and building ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Good understanding of data modelling techniques as relates to data warehouse design.
- Experience with data quality, data cleansing and data stewardship processes and techniques
- Ability to solve complex data problems by analysis, develop appropriate solutions and clearly communicate those solutions to the team.
- Ability to work efficiently and provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Other Skills / Certification
- Experience working in an Agile project development environment
- MicroStrategy Certification(s) an asset.