JO 2481: OBIEE Specialist
Contract Term: 1 year
Duration of Potential Extension: 6 months
- Perform complex analysis and manipulation of source data from Oracle and other data structures to populate business intelligence data structures that supports the business organization
- Analyze existing reports and lead the identification and documentation of business metrics score cards and dashboards requirements
- Assist the data analyst in identifying potential sources of data for the data warehouse and data profiling of the sources.
- Act as consultant to the ETL and application programmers
- Review data models to ascertain that requirements are met
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata and report definitions
- Produce ETL (ODI/OWB and PL/SQL) design guidelines and source to target mappings to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Develop data access queries and uses OBIEE tools like Analysis, Answers, builds dashboards; and help in development of complex ad hoc queries and analyses
- Work as a business analysts and acts as a liaison between technical team and business programs.
- Train business users to create new analyses from scratch or modify existing analyses in dashboard.
- Develop test plans and Coordinate integration and user acceptance testing of data acquisition processes and their implementation into production.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience as a business intelligence specialist/analyst, a data warehouse analyst or similar role developing and implementing Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions using dimensional modeling.
- Considerable hands-on experience using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition including BI Answers, Dashboard, and BI Publisher and GIS mapping (mapviewer) applications integration with OBIEE; RPD semantic layer modelling
- OBIEE development experience with emphasis in Dashboards oriented solutions
- Experience in OBIEE Analysis, Answers, builds dashboards
- Hands-on experience developing Data warehouse ETL solutions with specialized data integration software: (ODI / OWB and PL/SQL)
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, governance and security related issues and incorporated best practices.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including written and oral with demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Desired skills to design and deliver end-user training in creating new analyses or modify existing analyses in dashboard.
- Proven capabilities in using OBIEE 11g/12c architecture & OLAP technology; creating BI semantic layer, metadata and report definitions using Oracle BI Application, OWB, ODI and applying customizations to the ETL and RPD.
- Demonstrated competencies and knowledge of relational database structures, theories, principles, and dimensional data modeling skills.
- Proficient using tools for managing Data Integration, data modeling and metadata management, testing and quality assurance (e.g. ODI, OWB, ER/Studio and other similar tools) and GIS mapping with OBIEE
- Functional/non-functional business/BI requirements document
- Business overviews and Metrics documentation
- Gap analyses documentation
- Business Process models
- Logical and physical data models
- Interview documentation
- Business Priorities
- ETL design guidelines, source to target mappings and metadata definitions.
- Integration and UAT test plans
- Design and deliver end-user training
- New analyses or modify existing analyses in dashboard