JO 2440: Organizational Change Management Consultant
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Term: 9 + 3 months
Description of Assignment
In order to facilitate this business transformation, the project requires the development and implementation of a comprehensive Change Management framework.
This work assignment is scoped to address work associated with the development and implementation of a Change Management Framework and facilitation of business transformation for the project including providing options and recommendations for organizational change management for the purpose of implementation management of the integrated delivery of human services.
The consultant will support readiness for service transformation and transition to a new governance structure.
- Develop and implement Change Management Framework that aligns with program standards, milestones and deliverables.
- The plan will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting impact analysis
- An overall assessment of operational readiness for change and support needs
- Development of a change management plan and support the implementation
- Development and support of change management tools
- Development and Distribution of change related online, print and verbal communications
- Engage key stakeholders to assess the impact and people risks introduced by the changes to people, process, technology and culture resulting from the program
- Develop and/or collaborate with the organizational Training leads to develop training needs strategies and guides
- Organize, participate and conduct proof of concept
- Develop and implement a strong brand management plan/campaign and integrate brand awareness
- Developing sound and practical recommendations based on stakeholder impact analysis and readiness to ensure people risks are mitigated
- Leverage assessment data and findings to design and execute the change plan and supporting activities including stakeholder engagement, communications and training plans and materials
- Ensure key change management activities are integrated into the overall program plan
- Develop an approach to embed/institutionalize the change to sustain the benefits achieved including knowledge transfer, performance management, continuous improvement and other related practices
- Create and manage measurement systems to track business adoption and benefits realization and project progress as aligned with the project requirements
- Post-secondary education in a professional discipline pertinent to the job function (i.e. Business Administration, Strategic Management, Organization Development) or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience with exposure to a formal organizational Change Management approach or methodology. Formal change management accreditation is preferred.
- Experience Providing Change Management support in the creation and implementation of complex transformational, multi-stakeholder projects and initiatives preferably in a partnership or matrixed organization where complex groupings of stakeholders must be managed simultaneously (Min 7 years)
- Experience in Organizational Change Management, and frameworks (Min 7 years)
- Experience in Business Transformation (Min 10 years)
- Considerable experience in program/project management, with demonstrated success planning and implementing (Min 10 years)
- Customer focused and committed to process improvement (Min 10 years)
- Expert level presentation skills (Min 10 years)
- Proficiency in various software applications, including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, WordPress & (Confluence is an asset) (Min 10 years)
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner across executive, senior management, operational and technical units (Min 10 years)
- Strong ability to consult and negotiate with senior stakeholders across the organization (Min 10 years)
- Deep understanding and experience working with the federal, provincial or municipal government sectors (Min 5 years)
- Experience working with unionized staff (Min 5 years)
- Ability to engage vulnerable service users (Min 3 years)
- Experience working with integration across multiple entities (preferably human services) (Min 5 years)
- Experience managing change in a multi-service user client service transformation (Min 7 years)