Organizational Change Management Lead
Anticipated Duration: 10 months
Duration of Potential Extension: up to 3 months
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol; remote; Toronto, Ontario
The Change Management Lead role is instrumental in leading the organization through this transformational initiative, which will drive process improvement and efficiency.
Millennium Consulting is seeking a highly-experienced individual whose primary focus and experience has been in a change management lead capacity (versus, for example, a project manager who has had some change management experience as secondary tasks). It is important that the services be undertaken by a seasoned Change Management Lead who can demonstrate specific knowledge of, and experience in performing similar work for projects of comparable nature, size and scope as detailed below.
- Represents the interests of all business units in scope, and oversees activities of the Change Management, Communications and Training project resources
- Executes the Change Management Strategy and Plan, applying accepted change methodologies and principles, gathering input from Business Leads, SMEs, the Project Management Office and other resources as required
- Oversees the Communications Strategy and Plan, and the execution of all project related communications
- Ensures alignment of deliverables with the Training Strategy and Plan.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of all other Organizational Change Management (OCM) and training deliverables, including Detailed Stakeholder Analysis, Change Impact Assessments etc.
- Assesses, evaluates and anticipates organization and stakeholder readiness to move to the new solution
- Identifies the impact of culture on change initiatives, designs approach and plans with awareness of these impacts and identifies aspects of culture requiring change in order to achieve project outcomes
- Accountable for identifying and recommending changes to procedures, roles and responsibilities, including procedures that are required as a result of this transformative change, engaging with HR to address any job impacts
- Builds and maintains relationships with Project Sponsors, ensuring appropriate sponsorship of change initiatives to achieve successful and sustainable outcomes
- Proactively connects with stakeholders on a regular basis, both formally and informally, to keep them up to speed on project progress
- Participates in project meetings. Prepares regular status updates, issues and risks reports for project status update meetings.
- Assesses risks (internal and external) and potential impacts associated with change initiatives and recommends and implements actions to minimize negative effects
- Identifies resistance and performance gaps and works with leaders to develop and implement any necessary corrective actions
- Responsible for capturing and resolving issues and risks; escalates to Steering Committee as required.
- Provides leadership, coaching, motivation and guidance to the Change Management and Communications teams, fostering team collaboration and an excellent team dynamic.
- Accountable for the creation and delivery of key project deliverables, including Change Management Strategy and Plan, Change Impact Assessment, Stakeholder Analysis etc.
- Oversees the Communications Strategy and Plan, Training Strategy and Plan and is accountable for the execution of the plan
- Collaborate with Training Lead to ensure alignment with training deliverables.
- Leads and/or participate in sessions to complete the above deliverables, engaging Business Function Leads and Business SMEs and vendor teams as required
- Provide direction to vendor in the development of training content and delivery, working in partnership with the Business Lead to review and provide sign off
- Provide input into the creation of the Business Cutover Plan
- Provide support to ensure business sustainment of the future state solution
- Prepare project status reports for the Change Management and Communications team.
- Maintain Project Issues, Risks, Actions and Decisions in the SharePoint log.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio. Familiarity with Microsoft Project.
- Strong theoretical background knowledge related to adult education theory and application
- Considerable experience in consulting and building credibility and strong relationships at all levels in an organization, with experience gaining buying and support on new approaches, change initiatives and implementation of best practice
- Demonstrated ability to function as a fully accountable change project lead
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgement and work with a degree of autonomy
- Proficiency in various competencies that include highly developed human relations skills, with the ability to communicate, negotiate and develop solid internal and external relationships, and analytical and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- High energy, strong work ethic and positive attitude