JO 2474: Project Manager (BI, Visualization)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Term: 1 year
Duration of Potential Extension: 11 months
On behalf of our client we are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for leading the end-to-end design, development, and implementation Information Management Analytical Platform Solution.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of post-secondary education in computer science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of direct experience in project management or as a Technical Lead in Technology or Information Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 to 10 years experience with Business Intelligence methodologies and Technologies Relational databases, SQL, SAS, Enterprise Business Solutions, Visualization Business Intelligence
- 5+ years’ experience in creating, customizing and developing business intelligence / analytic reporting solutions
- Up to speed on current and next generation Business Intelligence trends, platforms and technologies
- Strong leadership, coaching, relationship skills
- Project Management certification is a bonus
- Strong skills in the use of project management software applications. (such as Microsoft Project)
- Has experience, wisdom and maturity developed to know how to be insightful and versatile
- Will work out what needs to be done and take care of it for the good of the program / project (all behind the scenes if need be)
- Is approachable couple with a persistent and assertive personality with high work ethic
- Build strong context of the program / project subject matter
- Can communicate up, down and across. Can assemble a room of people and drive results
- The ability to influence and negotiate without formal authority.
Working with Assistant Director/Director on project activities throughout the project lifecycle by:
- Guides the end-to-end projects including design, build, and implementation of enterprise web-based business solutions.
- Identify and define client requirements for the purpose of building a suitable solution to meet the business needs.
- Translation of business requirements into specifications, including translating system design into program design specifications and its documentation.
- Construct the overall project strategy. Construct, execute and control plans, and assist in the management of the change control process.
- Coordinate, interact and engage with other project team members in the execution of the technical plan.
- Defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Building full-scale project plans, project charters and associated communication documents to report project progress, providing frequent verbal and written progress reports on the status of projects providing action plans or recommendations on project deployment to project sponsors.
- Estimating the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Proactively managing changes in project scope as well as risk and issue management, identifying potential crises and devising contingency plans.
- Constructing, maintaining and monitoring project budgets to ensure that there are no costs or resource over runs, as well as, tracking project milestones and deliverables ensuring project requirements are achieved in a timely fashion and within budgetary guidelines.
- Construct and deliver presentations, as required.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects.
- Keep abreast of best practice in project management applied to the public sector.
Establish, build and maintain relationships with internal clients by:
- Be a Liaison and integration between business lines and technology.
- Identifying and evaluating current and future change requirements.
- Motivate and lead project teams to work as a cohesive unit and ensure the completeness of projects by cultivating relationships with operational staff, consultants and management.
- Ensuring awareness of risks and issues that impact current and future projects.
- Monitor expectations resolve conflict and elicit support and cooperation.
- Monitor the activities of consultants and vendors regarding their project commitments
- Clearly articulate roles and responsibilities within the project
- Monitoring the team performance on a regular basis and notifying management in the event that corrective action is required, with purposed options in place.
Track Record of Quality Results:
- Identifies and solves problems, leads and owns solutions
- Has a strong combination of people, business and technical savvy
- Exceptional understanding and experience in Information Management and Business Intelligence architecture and solutions including data mapping, database implementations; self-service reporting
- Strong understanding of next–gen Business Intelligence platforms and cognitive analytics and Advanced Analytics like Machine Learning, Big Data, Natural Language Processing
- Quality management assurance activities on data and applications to ensure security and integrity of data.
- Provide subject matter expertise and/or technical or professional advice Proactive management of project plans, project deliverables, work processes and performance reporting through ongoing review and evaluation
Information Management / Business Intelligence Skills:
- Responsible for in-depth workshops with Technology and Business to elicit review, confirm and document functional specifications and requirements, business process re-engineering, information management architecture, data mapping, business models, and transformation rules and user interface design.
- Conducting impact analyses and assessments including AS-IS and TO-BE analysis and provide recommendations of options/solutions based on analysis.
- Construct and build new reporting and analytic products based on requirements provided using a wide range of BI platforms and tools
- Facilitate and document the ETL process, including translating system design into program design specifications and its documentation
- Build and construct data validation processes to ensure reliability and integrity of data solutions provided to the business
- Prepare briefing materials and provide status updates to senior leadership
- Identify opportunities and solutions to automate and streamline reporting and analytical solutions delivered to the business.