Project Manager (multi-channel service delivery)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Term: 1 year
Duration of Potential Extension: up to 12 months
The Project Manager – experienced in multi-channel service delivery with a strong understanding of business & solution architecture and strategic technical leadership.
This resource will manage the delivery of the technology vision and ensure that system development and integration run smoothly and successfully to realize service modernization and create sustainable benefits, contributing to the client’s goals.
This work assignment will require strategic oversight and the development of a technology roadmap for the integrated service delivery model and the implementation of the enabling technical solutions across delivery channels. The resource will also lead the design of an operational sustainment model to support the modernization of an integrated service delivery organization, while ensuring that technical and business needs are aligned across business units and corporate IT.
- Lead and support the development of an Omni-channel service delivery technology roadmap to enable seamless delivery of integrated services and programs to the public, ensure agreement with divisional IT and business stakeholders.
- Lead coordination, sequencing and overall implementation of the enterprise client relationship management (CRM) software, contact centre and telephony solutions, digital (on-line/mobile) applications and in-person counter technology solutions for the Human Services Implementation initiative, in close collaboration with divisional IT stakeholders and Corporate I&T division, while facilitating vendor relationship management.
- Lead, facilitate and contribute to the design, creation, development of an operational support model for the new integrated service delivery organization, including review and evaluation of different support models, estimate staffing requirements to meet the short-term and long-term needs of the service delivery organization.
- Lead and facilitate IT divisional working groups to ensure regular engagements with divisional IT stakeholders and alignment with divisional IT roadmaps. Develop cross-divisional initiatives to produce synergies and economies of scale, and balance competing and conflicting goals, objectives and priorities.
- Assess and recommend scalable multi-jurisdictional business and technical solutions that meet client and business requirements in relation to corporate standards, policies and procedures for information technologies and architectures.
- Determine project requirements, conducting research and evaluations, and obtaining all approvals and signoffs.
- Lead the development & management of detailed technical scope requirements, budgeting, resource management, planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting progress as well as managing issues, risks and change requests.
- Perform other duties as required by the project.
- Must have post-secondary education in Project Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or a related discipline pertinent to the job function or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or equivalent designation.
- Must have extensive experience managing all aspects of a large-scale technology-enabled business transformation project/program using project management tools for planning and implementing complex IT projects and packages in a complex cross-divisional, multi-stakeholder environment of significant complexity and value, and high risk, from initiation to closing. (Min 7 years)
- Must have experience with one or more of the following: enterprise CRM, online digital services, telephony (contact centre) or in-person counter services/solutions. (Min 10 years)
- Extensive experience working with a broad range of stakeholders while balancing stakeholder interests to achieve successful results (Min 10 years)
- Considerable experience managing/leading teams through the planning, and implementation of complex operational, and organizational technology initiatives. (Min 10 years)
- Excellent relationship management with a strong customer service orientation; ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors, key stakeholders, vendors, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflicts, execute with limited information and ambiguity. (Min 10 years)
- Experience in contract negotiations, procurement procedures and Vendor and Contract Management. (Min 5 years)
- Experience in service delivery organizations with strong customer service orientation in public or not profit sector. (Min 5 years)
- Expert presentation, written and verbal communication skills, clarity and precision. Ability to create and deliver effective executive-level presentations and document process flows utilizing Visio and PowerPoint. (Min 10 years)
- Experience in aligning projects to Enterprise IT Governance and preparing regular reports and artifacts to satisfy Enterprise PMO requirements
- Strong ability to consult and negotiate with senior stakeholders across the organization. (Min 10 years)
- Understanding and experience with public sector information technology projects would be considered an asset.