Senior Program Director
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 2 years
On behalf of our Toronto based client, Millennium is interested in acquiring a Program Director that will lead the execution of enterprise wide programs and projects by providing needed leadership, governance and direction.
Our client is currently undertaking large-scale multi-year, multi-discipline programs affecting much of the organization. The three programs within scope of this assignment are:
ERP (SAP) Implementation Program
The client is moving forward with their ERP implementation roadmap, further implementing and modernizing existing back-office business processes in the HCM, Finance, and Materials and Procurement area on the SAP platform. The scope of this initiative is centred around Time & Attedance, Learning Management, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Job Costing, Inventory Management, and Contract Management.
The cybersecurity program aims to strengthen the cyber resilience of client’s critical business systems, industrial control networks, other key systems, that support operations, and their data against an evolving threat environment.
Corporate Camera Program
The corporate camera program looks to bring a holistic and centralized approach to utilizing CCTV through out client’s assets to ensure the safety and security of the system, its employees and customers.
The client is looking for an experienced Program Director with the relevant experience to provide advice and strategic oversight to direct and lead these programs. As a Program Director of the three Programs mentioned in the description, you will be responsible for the following:
- Work with executive stakeholders to align program mission, vision, and objectives to corporate direction
- Provide strategic vision and strong leadership while directing the programs
- Develop strategic plans for each program and strategically map-out program initiatives, projects, and work plan and ensure it is followed.
- Oversee and facilitate the maturity assessment for the programs, including baselining and validation of the current environment, benchmarking of organizational maturity against peers, and industry leaders
- Identify and prioritize gaps to develop tactical plans as part of the program; and advise provide recommendations based on industry best practice.
- Plan the delivery of the overall Programs and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
- Re-align and integrate new initiatives as required to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the Programs.
- Develop an annual budget through Steering Committee and operating plan to support the Program.
- Develop a Programs’ evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the Program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that Programs’ activities operate within the policies and procedures for the Program
- Ensure that Programs’ activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Ensure clear records keeping to document Programs’ activities and transparency.
- Work with the client in developing RFPs and the follow-on activities to negotiate and award contracts for: Professional services (Program Management and System Integrator); Software licensing and maintenance; Software solution implementation services; and Software solution hosting services
- Lead Program staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
- Communicate with business stakeholders and other stakeholders to gain community support for the Programs and to solicit input to improve the Program.
- Direct Program Pooled Services Managers and the Project Managers.
- Lead the delivery of services among different Programs’ activities.
- Communicate effectively on the Programs’ to the Steering Committee.
- Ensure that the Program operates within the approved budget.
- Monitor and provide first level approval for all budgeted Program expenditures.
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Steering Committee Sponsor on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly).
- Assist client in monitoring all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all financial records for the Program are up to date.
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation is prepared.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with Program activities and take appropriate action to control and mitigate the risks.
- Monitor the Program activities on a regular basis and conduct quarterly evaluations according to the Program evaluation framework.
- Regularly report evaluation and Benefits Realization findings to the Steering Committee and recommend changes to enhance the Program.
- Act as the implementation arm of the Sponsoring Departments, ITS and Steering Committee.
- Ensure that the Program remains aligned with the enterprise business strategy and drivers (modernization) over the course of the multiple-year execution as it is influenced by internal and external events. Direct corrective adjustments to Program execution as required.
- Direct BPR, OCM and Training Managers to achieve defined outcomes aligned with the enterprise business strategy.
- Fifteen, or more, years of progressively responsible IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
- Ten, or more, years of executive and strategic leadership in complex political environments.
- Ten, or more, years of successfully leading transformational initiatives.
- Five, or more, years successfully leading complex and risky programs.
- Five, or more, years of experience in developing strategic plans and building enterprise roadmaps.
- Proven experience with leading a successful SAP ERP implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in working with executive stakeholders and senior management
- Demonstrated experience in leading and negotiating large complex procurement contracts
- Demonstrated experience in rescuing and turning around complex programs.
- Publish and/or revise strategic plans and annual workplans for the programs
- As needed develop executive reports/presentations relating to program strategy, program plan, and program status for distribution to executives
- Develop program roadmaps and capital investment plans for the program
- Establish and/or revise Program governance models for the programs in scope
- Establish and/or revise Program organization and team structures for the programs in scope
- Participate and lead in Request for Proposal evaluations, vendor selection, and contract negotiations.
- Where needed establish Program/Project Management best practices, templates and Program Management Methodology – maintain the library of key Program deliverables (including risk analysis, scope management, issues and management, Program schedules, resource requirements / placement, etc.).
- Own the Program/Project plan and be responsible for delivery of its major elements including Program business objectives, scope and solution within quality criteria, on time and budget – report Program financials on a regular basis.
- Perform Program/Project benefits/value assessment and ensure benefits realization as a key measurement of Program success – maintain with Business Process owners the Value Management scorecard which validates the success of the Program from the business improvement view.
- Communicate progress and status to the Steering Committees and Executive committees as required.
- Manage issues, scope and quality while bringing the Program to a successful completion within the budget and schedule requirements.
- Motivate and manage the Program team to perform.
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com