JO 2446: Program Director
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Duration: 2 1/2 years
Must Have Technical & Interpersonal Skills:
- Executive level individual with 10-15 years of Senior Project Management, Change Management and IT project experience
- Track record of successfully delivering multi-year, multi-stakeholder transformation projects
- Experience building and managing large multi-disciplinary teams including business, IT and vendor staff
- Experience managing third party systems integrator
- Experience leading major change management programs
- Experience working in a broader public sector organization
- Demonstrable financial acumen and expertise
- Strong project governance experience
Nice to Have Technical & Interpersonal Skills:
- MBA or similar, PMP certification would be an asset
Partner with the client leadership and internal stakeholders towards the delivery of a large scale implementation project on time and within budget working collaboratively with business area for resourcing, organization and business readiness and implementation.
- The identification, scoping and planning for the business implications across all functions (including but not limited to business processes, organizational structure and resourcing implications, and systems implications for various applications in operation).
- Support the client in the multi-phased and multi-year implementation plan for the project and the review, re-engineering and enhancement of innovative business processes, systems and structures to improve service delivery and customer/client service in order to meet the growing demands of the stakeholders. Encourage the leveraging of a range of creative and cost effective solutions and strategies that support business and service delivery, operational business process improvements and enterprise I&IT systems and objectives.
- Support the conceptualization, development and implementation of an enhanced technology platform including leveraging a range of creative and cost effective information technology (IT) solutions and strategies that support business and service delivery, operational business process improvements and enterprise I&IT systems and objectives.
- Work closely with senior level executives on a broad range of project issues, decision points and emerging/contentious issues. Support the client in the development and monitoring of project governance products and reporting requirements and facilitate discussions/negotiations to gain support and approval of key initiatives and proposals.
- Support senior level discussions and negotiations to engage/inform senior program and cluster management in the implementation and gain buy in/consensus on critical decisions and deliverables.
- Support project leads and internal stakeholders to coordinate project delivery, change management and in external communication strategies through the various stages of the project that supports change at all levels of the organization and the assessment of risks, the establishment of broad mitigation plans and measures.
- Partner in creating a multi-disciplinary team environment and quality service centered culture which encourages working cooperatively as a team to achieve common organizational objectives and goals. Support the identification of priorities and program requirements for staff and builds teamwork and open communication to facilitate the dissemination of priorities, strategies and plans.
- Support the procurement of third party services as required, to support the implementation of the electronic provider solutions platform, including the development of technology and business solutions. Support vendor relationships including the negotiation of contracts, service level agreements and the revolution of complex functional and strategic issues and problems in order to hold vendors accountable for driving results.
From the Skills Matrix:
- 10+ years of experience in Senior Program / Project Management specifically system integration projects
- 10+ years of experience with major change management programs including project governance
- 10+ years of experience building large multi-disciplinary teams including IT, business and vendor staff
- 10+ years of experience with large scale, multi-year, multi phased transformation projects
- 8+ years of experience working with third party vendors
- 5+ years of experience working in a public sector organization
- MBA and/or PMP certification