Program Lead / Project Manager
Client: Public Sector
Term: 6 months (up to three possible extensions of 12 additional months each, may exist)
Project Location: Toronto, Ontario. Some travel requirements are anticipated.
One (1) Project Lead is required to assist with the planning and execution of assigned projects. Providing resource augmentation and expertise in the area of technology project management and delivery, the candidate may be assigned to planned and active projects.
The successful candidate will be a senior-level IT Project Management professional with strong business transformation experience and acumen, proven solution delivery leadership capabilities and a successful track-record in organizational change management. Prior experience in IT-enabled Business Transformation initiatives is required.
This resource may be assigned to multiple projects based on priority, lifecycle phase and complexity and may also be expected to mentor and assist other Managers, and Project Managers. To address project continuity and business expectations for delivery, the resource may manage assigned projects through to successful completion or support overall scoping/definition, blueprint/planning and realization phases on an ‘as needed’ basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience in managing large-scale projects and/or programs of significant complexity and value with high risk; specifically transformational enterprise-wide IT projects impacting multi-departmental environments (including budget and timeline management, scope management, estimating and managing project resources, risk/issue management, timely decision making, critical path identification, etc.)
- Successful candidates must have 10+ years of professional Project Management experience, exhibiting clear, practical knowledge of tools and techniques for planning, organizing, executing, monitoring and controlling complex IT projects.
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. An active certification or license in field of study (e.g. PMP, Professional Engineering License) and Practitioner or Advance ITIL certifications are assets.
- Extensive experience in using project management tools for planning and implementing complex projects and packages (experience working in a matrix project management environment using tools such as Microsoft EPM would be a definite asset). Proven capabilities for developing and maintaining complex project delivery schedules.
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills; ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflicts, execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience across all stages of complex information/data management and application development projects, from initiation to closing.
- Clear proficiency and experience in contract negotiations, procurement procedures and Vendor and Contract Management. Hands-on experience in preparing a range of project and formal contractual documents. The ability to recommend and implement security, privacy and quality assurance requirements as well as corporate and legislated standards for confidential data would be an asset.
- Effective consulting relationship-building capability with corporate clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation. Demonstrated adaptability and situational leadership, coaching, and relationship management skills. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain productive working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors, peers and team members
- Proven track record in managing large teams of 30+ team members, including staff, partner organizations, SI firms and independent consultants, in a matrix environment. Must also have extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and polished presentation abilities; influencing and communicating at all organizational levels.
- Seasoned decision-making and critical thinking capabilities, with a working knowledge of effective tools and techniques for solving problems; analyzing possible risks and recommending a mitigation approach from a number of possible choices, often creating new options with input from team members.
- Demonstrated experience, at a senior level, in the following Project Management knowledge areas:
- integration, scope, time and cost management
- risk & issues management
- human resource management
- stakeholder, engagement and communication management
- procurement management
- quality management
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com