Program Manager – JO 2363
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Term: 1 year
Duration of Potential Extension: One extension, of up to twelve (12) months
Project Location: Downtown Toronto and other various locations including, North York, Scarborough, Etobicoke and others as required.
Description of Assignment
Our client has identified a need to create a Modernization Program for their business with the integration of technology solutions. The program will provide guiding principles and direction for the Division’s IT projects to ensure a coordinated and prioritized implementation of IT solutions, systems and technologies to meet business practices needs, pressures and challenges.
Key challenges & pressures are:
- Increases to the capital delivery program in the coming years
- Need for accurate and up to date information to support performance measurement and reporting
- Enhanced strategic communication and customer service management needs
- Internal resources challenges to support the program growth (IT solutions that leverage project delivery managers to focus on delivery)
- Harmonization of workflow and processes to ensure consistent and traceable project management procedures are used on all projects, including appropriate work and change management approvals
The Program will include reviews of the current and future needs for:
- Digitization of lines of business for improved customer service
- Business intelligence management & reporting
- Capital delivery services including project management systems
- Data management, governance and maintenance
- Information management and collaboration
- Client Relationship Management
- Mobile data collection and process support
- Process (data) integration capabilities
- Document management needs
The Modernization Program Manager will lead consultation and collaboration between key business users, client divisions and stakeholders, ensuring that new systems easily interface with complimentary existing systems and its client divisions. New IT strategies and solutions must be flexible and adaptable to changes in organization structure and business delivery methods as well as advance, modernize and optimize service delivery. The Modernization Program team will review and assess current IT applications and software and provide short and long term implementations.
Executes program excellence and oversight on high-priority, complex project program streams, which often requires iterative development, key technical resources and high levels of functional integration with other large projects or technology solutions. As the Program Manager you will serve as the primary point of contact and will be responsible to lead the Project Manager, project resources and work sessions that will build out a division level Program (including overall program delivery, cost and quality performance). You will develop a deep understanding of the various lines of business as well as services affecting directly the citizen and process (including qualifications for Continuous Improvement) so as to provide input into strategic decisions and identify opportunities for business growth and innovation. You have a strong ability to leverage data analytics to make informed decisions and provide proven metrics in order to educate stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with business leads and partners to manage complex, typically transformational projects that deliver strategic business solutions. This includes developing and maintaining strong relationship linkages with clients, consultants and management at various levels.
- Proactively managing changes in project scope as well as risk and issue management identifying potential risk and devising contingency plans.
- Lead a client solution-orientated program
- Develop project work packages through journey mapping sessions
- Prioritizing requirements with business stakeholders
- Drive design and development for specific client issues to unblock adoption
- Identify broader and/or latent trends within the division, align to key enterprise programs to drive longer-term investments and innovation shifts;
- Directly support multiple lines of business with client stakeholder as part of a team to manage changes and improvements through their adoption lifecycle;
- Lead a project team that will execute the following activities throughout the project lifecycle, this includes:
- Execute work streams using iterative approach
- Guide teams using Agile methods including Kanban and Scrum.
- Effective estimation of resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Articulate program progress through executive dashboard reporting
- Maintain and drive a customer improvements feature backlog
- Build program team capabilities;
- Bid and proposal preparation as well as contract negotiation
- Participate in the development of program plans, schedules and budgets; track and report performance to these plans and budgets;
- Support/lead program performance initiatives covering delivery and using measures in quality, risk and solution metrics.
- Preparation and presentation of comprehensive work stream reviews and status reports to senior leadership
- Risk assessment and management including identifying problems and concerns within the organization that impact, or have the potential to impact program performance and serve as a change agent where necessary
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of consultants and vendors on a regular basis and taking corrective action as appropriate if and when required.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to project team members.
- 5 to 7 years of directly related experience managing complex projects in various technical industries and environments.
- Project Management Certification
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- 5+ years of direct client engagement experience, with a strong customer focus,
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the temperament to lead a change in direction when needed;
- Experience in government or public/client service type industry
- Creative and critical thinking about client programs
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing start-up environment;
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills;
- Excellent in-person presentation skills with executives, IT staff, and end users; able to pivot quickly and adapt messaging to suit a range of audience technical levels and requirements;
- Solid understanding of customer services models
- Understanding and implementation of human centered design thinking framework
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud services, web and application development.
- Ability to hire the right technical resources for the right technical skillset and delivery
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- University degree in computer science or related discipline, and 5+ years of progressively more responsible’ experience working on large-scale information technology projects or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
- 5+ years of system/business analysis experience in all stages of large scale development projects and application support;
- 2+ years’ experience in the implementation of digital programs, application development, technology infrastructure and cloud computing solutions used for the delivery of large scale projects, preferably with experience in Online, Omni-channel business and customer services and processes.
- Planning Framework to develop the Program that is aligned with the client’s approach to strategic planning.
- Modernization program including:
- Service Goals including online service delivery
- Current Environment, Processes and Issues
- Stakeholder’s Analysis
- Business Issues and Priorities
- Current Information Technology and Information Management environment, systems, applications and issues
- Findings and observations
- IT goals and objectives that support SSHA Division’s business
- Recommendations of short term/quick wins plan to achieve strategic goals and objectives
- Prioritization of recommendations
- Recommendation on implementation strategy
- Performance standards, benchmark and metrics to evaluate the success of the plan
- Change Management Strategy
- Risk Management Strategy
- Skills and Development Strategy
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/28/d610539099/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399