Project Cost and Schedule Analyst
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Duration: 1 year
Project Location: Toronto, Ontario
The incumbent will be required to work in various areas. Projects can range from web-based solutions (internally and externally developed), client-server, software as a service, etc. The incumbent will work with business resources and external project stakeholders to develop and control system deliverables, project schedules, finances and documentation. This will involve providing project control functions for the project design, procurement, installation, and implementation activities.
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
- Assist in the planning, analysis, and preparation of project budgetary, cost, status and progress reports and documentation.
- Assist with the preparation of project schedule, work breakdown estimates, and related activities.
- Lead role in developing and documenting project control standards and document management guidelines.
- Coordinate document control function
- develop detailed project schedules using standard schedule coding and work break down structures;
- schedule control by determining critical path analysis, planned value, earned value, schedule variance, schedule performance indices and schedule risk analysis;
- preparing, analyzing, monitoring and reconciling the annual budget of labour and non-labour, all financial control budget forms and goals and objectives;
- analyzing a variety of reports such as monthly internal labour costs and general costs, compiling and reviewing charges against budget and determining impact on project costs;
- preparing project status reports, documenting project schedule status, cost status, expenditure projections and calendarizations;
- analyzing, updating project costs and preparing project cost variance reports, and monitoring project authorities; investigating and preparing replies to queries for financial data;
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- 5+ Years practical experience and working knowledge of Primavera Scheduling application
- University degree/College Diploma in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years project controls experience developing and analysing schedule and financial and contractual documents related to large capital projects.
- Understanding of automated fare collection concepts used in public transportation
- Prior experience (minimum of 5 years) working in an IT production, systems development or engineering project environment.
- 2 years experience with a formal document control system
Other Skills / Certification
- In depth knowledge of procurement practices as they relate to government and/or transit based organizations, including the preparation of RFI’s and RFP’s
- Practical experience and working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of IT industry and/or systems.
- Experience in processing financial transactions, certification processes, and accounting principles;
- Experience and understanding of issues of working with vendor for contracted services
- Well developed communications and presentations skills
- Good planning, organizing and leading skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with inteGREAT Requirements Management software would be an asset.
- project budgetary, control, monitoring and reporting documentation.
- project schedule development, control, and monitoring.
- project schedule, work breakdown estimates, network and other related documentation.
- project plan development and execution documentation and related activities.
- project control standards, templates and guidelines.
- project document management and control functions