Project Director (Healthcare)
Location: downtown Toronto, Ontario
Duration: 1 year with the option to extend the term up to 12 months
The Project Director is responsible for delivering a project release using a ‘best-practice’ Project Delivery Approach and deliver within scope, time, cost and quality, yielding maximum return on investment. The role directs and provides technical guidance to the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the project. The Project Director provides expert advice, consultation and strategic direction to team members on a broad range of project delivery areas. The role is also responsible for developing and maintaining communication linkages and relationships internally with business partners, and all levels of management and externally with vendors as required. This role is responsible for building the project capabilities, leading the integration of all project work streams’ deliverables and managing the resource supply/demand to ensure proper skillset, capacity are in place for optimized project performance
Knowledge & Skills:
- 7+ years of experience managing a large scale, multi-year, multi-phased transformation project with high complexity and high risk (with technology included, exceeding $10M in budget)
- 5+ years of experience with major business led change management programs including project governance
- 5+ years of experience building large multi-disciplinary teams including IT, business
- and vendor staff
- 5-7 years of building integrated project / program plans to support the delivery of large scale, multi-phased programs / transformation projects (and their respective budgets)
- 5+ years of experience delivering projects in Healthcare or pharmacy domain
- 3+ years of experience working in a public sector organization
- 5+ years of experience managing / working with third party vendors (including RFP development / execution and contract management)
- Build project capabilities across the development of several work streams , coordinate and direct the implementation of dossier of projects and transformative initiatives to achieve strategic outcome/benefits through:
- Applying analytical method for maximizing productivity and aligning projects to the organizations strategic priorities and business capabilities
- Utilizing the facilitation of ongoing project planning process
- Utilizing the development, execution and integration of multi-phased and multi-year implementation plans for all project work streams in the project and supporting the EPMO Program Director on maximum budget program initiatives
- Overseeing the coordination of multiple project deliveries, internal communication strategy, assessment and mitigation of risks and change management in collaboration with ECM throughout the project lifecycle.
- Providing technical expertise in planning, execution, governance and leadership of the project
- Promoting adoption and implementation of project management methodologies and Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices, including adherence to the enterprise gating model.
- Identifying and addressing blockers, dependencies, inefficiencies and other issues to ensure effective program delivery throughout its project lifecycle.
- Overseeing the project budget in collaboration with Financial Controllership, managing/escalating change requests, managing the contingency budget, as well as overseeing the cost controller(s).
- Identifying procurement requirements of the project and managing the procurement of third party services as required, including the development of technology and business solutions.
- Utilizing the vendor/client relationships, including the negotiation of contracts, service level agreements and the resolution of complex functional and strategic issues and problems in order to hold vendors accountable for driving results.
- Utilizing resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support across the project. Addressing resourcing conflicts and escalating resourcing issues to the Executive
- Utilizing the relationships with executives and senior leaders across the organization to provide advice/guidance on project challenges, risks, issues and achievement of project outcome to enterprise strategy
- Liaises with executives and senior leaders to share information to support successful project delivery, identify project and organizational needs, discuss and resolve issues and exchange information of mutual concern.
- Soliciting constructive input from, and building consensus among, executives and senior leaders with differing priorities and perspectives to ensure the achievement of strategic goals and project benefits, resolve issues, support and facilitate planning activities and project benefit achievement, identifying opportunities to leverage resources, collaborate on projects and initiatives and influence outcomes
- Identifying and leveraging relationships with key internal/external stakeholders, keep abreast on emerging best practices, trends and/or legislation/regulations, identify opportunities for new product development, and promote the organization’s vision and mandate
- Maintaining effective communication linkages and working relationships internally with various functional areas such as Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Finance, Procurement, Privacy, IT, Enterprise Change Management (ECM), HR, Legal, as well as externally with stakeholders and vendors as required to support successful project delivery, identifying project and organizational needs, discussing and resolving issues and exchange information of mutual concern.
- Providing advisory and facilitation services to senior leadership, and validating business opportunities, making recommendation on approach to requesting corporate funding for project and implement viable solution
People and Team Management/Leadership:
- Planning the day-to-day operation and administration of the project team structure.
- Overseeing project financials in collaboration with Financial Controllership and physical resources including project budgets are developed, approved and managed, identifying staff budget requirements, overseeing the preparation of budget forecasts and projections, monitoring budget adherence, identifying/explaining variances and discrepancies and authorizing expenditures within budget and approved limits.
- Utilizing project resources supply and demand to ensure proper quantity, competencies and skills that are in place and optimized performance
- Utilizing the recruitment, training and day to day operations of project resources including but not limited to: (Sr. Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Analyst, Contractors and Project SMEs)
- Utilizing project resources within legislative and policy requirements
- Proactively set performance expectations and help to remove any barriers to ensure success
- Providing guidance and ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports
- Foster teamwork, leadership development, staff engagement, and a positive work environment.
- Promoting professional development and ensuring individual performance objectives are developed and staffs are provided with appropriate development plans and programs.
- Participate as a team member at various management meetings and working groups relating to information management