Project Manager (Presto)
Anticipated Duration: 92 weeks
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol; Toronto, Ontario. The contracted resource will be required to work remotely due to the Covid-19 situation but, we may require the resource to work on premises in the future if the pandemic situation changes for better. The resource will be provided with a laptop and will be given remote access.
The PRESTO program (“PRESTO Program”) is an automated fare collection system that has established a single farecard using smartcard technology allowing cardholders access to transit travel throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) and Ottawa.
The majority of the systems equipment is now installed and available for customer use and the adoption and transition rates for customer to the new system is increasing. There is an increased need for Presto to further modernize the system by implementing Account-base fare collection system and Open payment with ability to pay transit fares using contactless payment cards and mobile wallet.
The PM will be required to:
- Rapidly acquire knowledge of the current system
- Provide project management and technical oversight to ongoing enhancement releases and new modernization projects (i.e. Mobile Wallet, Open Payment, Device Refresh) as assigned.
Scope of Work
The Project Manager is responsible for successful implementation of project that are high value and high complexity. This involves:
- Manage all phases of projects from inception to post implementation
- Lead feasibility studies, joint assessments, viability assessments, roadmap validation to determine and/or validate scope and risk profiles of initiatives.
- Develop project charter with clear project objectives, scope, risk and benefits.
- Develop high quality detail project plans covering all phases of the project management life cycle with deliverables schedule and work breakdown structures and resource plan.
- Perform all required program and project budgeting tasks including preparation of estimates and provide financial control.
- Monitor project progress against the project plan, requirements, quality measures, milestones and take action to resolve deficiencies and deviations
- Provide status updates via submissions of monthly Project Summary Reports, and Project Expense Summary to the project review board.
- Conduct stakeholder management across all levels of the organization including sponsors. Lead project steering committee and project team meetings.
- Manage project change requests.
- Develop business case and various project sumnmary and justification documents
- Oversee the development of functional and non-functional Requirements documentation. Provide input as required.
- Co-ordinate the completion of the specifications documentation culminating in a Request for Inforrmation (RFI) and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) document;
- Assist in co-ordinating the evaluation and selection of vendor proposals;
- Assist in preparing Board reports seeking project approval and changes to scope or funding;
- Assist in the review of proposals submitted by the vendors.
- Participate in vendor contract negotiations and ongoing contract management
IMPLEMENTATION AND DEPLOYMENT
- Provide direction and co-ordination support to deployment and installation resources.
- Ensure proper support and operation documentation, SLAs and KPIs are being developed
- Develop training plan and co-ordinate training schedule
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- University Degree in Business Administration/Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years experience as a Project Manager (PMP certified)
- Project management experience in developing plan, analysing schedule and financial and contractual documents related to large capital projects.
- Understanding of automated fare collection concepts used in public transportation
- Experience in payment industry
- Prior experience (minimum of 10 years) working in an IT production, systems development or engineering project environment.
- Minimum 5+ years practical experience and working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Other Skills / Certification
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience related to digital payment
- Strong practical experience related to vendor and contract management
- Broad knowledge and practical experience related to equipment safety and performance;
- Demonstrated ability to work under high service demands and severe time constraints;
- Technical project management experience managing multi-disciplinary staff
- Well developed communications and presentations skills
- Good planning, organizing and leading skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Feasibility and Business Case documentation
- Procurement documentation (RFI, RFP)
- Project budgetary, control, monitoring and reporting documentation.
- Project schedule development, control, and monitoring.
- Project plan development and execution documentation.
- Project communication plan, risk and issue logs
- Training Plan
- Project Closeout Documentation