Anticipated Duration: 1 year
Project Location: Toronto, Ontario
Scope of Work
- Develop detailed project plans covering all phases of the Project Management Life Cycle and System Development Life Cycle including request, initiation, analysis, design, development and implementation into production, user training, and post-implementation support;
- Develop and manage site specific safety plans
- Develop business case and various project summary and justification documents
- Develop functional and non-functional Requirements documentation
- Assist with the completion of the system specifications documentation culminating in a Request for Proposal (RFP) document;
- Assist in co-ordinating the evaluation and selection of vendor proposals;
- Assist in preparing Board reports seeking project approval and changes to scope or funding;
- Participate in vendor contract negotiations and ongoing contract management;
- Develop Terms of Reference and Request For Proposal (RFP) documentation.
- Assist in the review of proposals submitted by the vendors.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ANALYSIS
- Co-ordinate the requirements development, analysis, system design, testing, and implementation of sub-systems within the overall PRESTO Farecard system
- Lead or participate in the development of Project Scope documentation to determine objectives, scope, risks, benefits and costs of proposed releases of PRESTO functionality;
- Develop detailed design documentation
- Develop functional and non-functional specifications
- Develop technical specifications
- Develop business operations and systems support documentation including implementation and deployment planning, training, and system maintenance requirements
- Provide direction and support for the design process by verifying business requirements
IMPLEMENTATION AND DEPLOYMENT
- Provide direction and co-ordination support to deployment and installation resources
- Assist in the development and execution of the test plan
- Lead the development of Operational and System documentation
- Provide training and support to operations resources
- Develop project closeout documentation
- Prepare and monitor project budgets and submit monthly project status and summary reports
MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT
- Provide direction and lead the co-ordination of ongoing system maintenance
- Lead the development data reporting activities and daily data analytics
- Develop and enhance system support functions
- Coordinate various production support process associated with incident, problem and release management
- Develops, establishes, monitors, manages and executes SLAs and other contract and vendor performance controls;
- Collaborate with various project resources to develop project plans and project schedules; project budgets.
- Complete various other project related documentation including feasibility studies, current state and concept of operations documentation, design documentation (specifications, screen prototypes, system interface specifications, report prototypes, data models, review programming standards.
- Provide support to the quality assurance team to develop test cases, test scripts, and confirm business requirements.
- Provide support to the quality assurance team for functional, integration, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Develop user, operation, and system documentation
- Provide end user training
- Various other related tasks as assigned. This may include temporary assignments to complete the same deliverables in other areas.
- The candidate will be required for the Initiation, Planning, Design and Development, Implementation and Closeout Phases of the Projects.
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- University Degree in Business Administration/Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years experience as a Business/Technical Analyst
- 10+ years experience as a Project Manager
- Project controls experience developing and analyzing schedule and financial and contractual documents related to large capital projects.
- Understanding of automated fare collection concepts used in public transportation
- Prior experience (minimum of 5 years) working in an IT production, systems development or engineering project environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Sharepoint or other formal document management and control system
- Minimum 5+ years practical experience and working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Other Skills / Certification
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience related to technology asset management;
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience related to vendor management and contract management;
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience related to SLA management;
- Broad knowledge and practical experience related to equipment safety and performance;
- Broad knowledge and practical experience related to financial and operating standards and certification requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to work under high service demands and severe time constraints;
- Technical project management experience managing multi-disciplinary staff;
- In depth knowledge of procurement practices as they relate to government and/or transit based organizations. Experience preparing RFI’s and RFP’s
- Knowledge of IT industry and/or systems.
- Experience in processing financial transactions certification processes and accounting principles
- Experience with confidentiality, integrity and availability information security best Practices
- Well developed communications and presentations skills
- Good planning, organizing and leading skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Day-to-day management, coordination and oversight of production system requests and issues
- Feasibility and Business Case documentation
- Procurement documentation (RFI, RFP, contract documentation)
- Project budgetary, control, monitoring and reporting documentation.
- Project schedule development, control, and monitoring.
- Project plan development and execution documentation and related activities.
- Project control standards, templates and guidelines.
- Project document management and control functions
- Provide support to the quality assurance team to develop test cases and test scripts and confirm business requirements as required
- Manage the development of system technical, user, maintenance and operations documentation
- Provide support to and assist with user training during the Production Rollout
- Project Closeout Documentation