JO 2453: Project Scheduler (Primavera)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Anticipated Duration: 1 year
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
- Lead role in the preparation of portfolio, program and project schedules, work breakdown estimates, and related activities.
- Assist in coordinating document control function.
- Create/Maintain detailed portfolio, program and project schedules using standard schedule coding and work break down structure principles.
- Create/Maintain detailed project CPM schedule broken down by WBS covering all project activities, task durations, critical path, milestone dates.
- Schedule control by determining critical path analysis, planned value, earned value, schedule variance, schedule performance indices and schedule risk analysis.
- Lead role in preparing project schedule status reports, documenting project schedule status
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- Expert practical experience and working knowledge of industry project scheduling tools ie Microsoft Project, Primavera P6 v15
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing and analyzing project schedules for large capital projects
- Practical experience and working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Experience in applying project management fundamentals to structure projects for success by managing scope, quality, budget, risks, issues, vendors, teams, and stakeholder relationships.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a production, systems development or engineering project environment, preferably in a transit systems environment.
- Post-Secondary Education as represented by a University Degree or College Diploma
- Preferred: Oracle Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Certification, Microsoft Project Certification
Other Skills / Certification
- Extensive experience preparing and tracking progress for complex or multi-streamed projects and programs
- Highly developed project planning and performance management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Previously demonstrated exceptional organization and time management skills
- Excellent prioritization and risk management capabilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills