SAP Data Warehouse Developer
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol; Toronto, Ontario. The contracted resource will be required to work remotely due to the Covid-19 situation but, we may require the resource to work on premises in the future if the pandemic situation changes for better. The resource will be provided with a laptop and will be given remote access.
Anticipated Duration: 1 year with optional up to 52-week extension
The Data Warehouse Developer will be responsible for modeling, designing and developing data warehouse and business intelligence solutions.
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
- Designing, developing and maintaining Enterprise Data Warehouse and associated Data Marts
- Responsible for integration of data from SAP S4/HANA, SAP ECC and SAP SuccessFactors with Azure Synapse by building Azure Data Factory (ADF) code
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting SSIS and/or ADF packages to integrate data from multiple systems
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting complex T-SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers, indexes, etc.
- Responsible for designing and implementing data quality processes
- Assist in the data modelling of the data warehouse/data mart solutions as required for the Azure Synapse solution
- Work closely with the business analysts, and other team members, to understand requirements
- Convert business requirements to technical specifications.
- Research, document and share knowledge with the project team.
- Provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken
- Work on other project tasks as assigned.
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Data Warehouse or Data Integration developer
- Experience building data integration solutions to move data between SAP systems (SAP S4/HANA, SAP ECC, SAP SuccessFactors) and Microsoft Azure Synapse/SQL DW
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Synapse and/or SQL Data Warehouse and SQL Server 2016 or later
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Data Factory and other related Azure Services
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure Services Administration
- Understanding and enterprise scale experience working with Data Warehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) implementations
- Expert in Microsoft Transact-SQL programming with the ability to optimize, analyze and improve database SQL performance as well as built robust SQL Server Integration Services packages
- Strong understanding of data modelling techniques as relates to data warehouse design
- Experience with data quality, data cleansing and data stewardship processes and techniques
- Ability to solve complex data problems by analysis, develop appropriate solutions and clearly communicate those solutions to the team.
- Ability to work efficiently and provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
- Experience working in an Agile project development environment
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com