JO 2486: Senior Salesforce Developer/Architect
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contract Term: 6 months to start; 6-month optional extension
- Recommend and build/adjust solution based on business requirements.
- Define architecture framework.
- Design data model, user interfaces, business logic and security for custom application.
- Develop and maintain customized reports, dashboards, fields and objects.
- Daily administration of the system using rules, workflows and profiles.
- Set up the testing framework and execute one or multiple test classes.
- Perform end-user training to existing and new users.
- Analyze application performance and troubleshoot and fix problems.
- Conduct walk-through of deliverables to identify potential problems.
- Conduct and perform Salesforce release update in Sandbox and production.
- Research and support the implementation of third party plugins.
- Prepare technical documentation.
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Salesforce professional certification is a definite asset.
- Programming and consulting experience in the Force.com platform using Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning Components.
- Experience developing custom interfaces to extend Salesforce capabilities and incorporate business rules and logic.
- Experience preventing security vulnerabilities in Apex and Visualforce.
- Extensive experience with data-driven applications and relational databases.
- Experience with UML, use cases, BPM.
- Experience with SDLC (System Development Life Cycle), SMLC (System Management Life Cycle), etc.
- 5+ years consulting experience in developing custom application using Apex and Visualforce
- Extend an application’s capabilities using AppExchange
- Experience using the fundamental programmatic capabilities of the Force.com platform to develop Salesforce capabilities and incorporate business logic.
- 10+ years consulting experience in Java/JEE development with emphasis on large-scale, robust, and secure applications.
- Has experience with Model View Controller (MVC) architecture and component-based architecture.
- Experience with an enterprise application server (e.g. IBM WebSphere Application Server).
- Experience building relational database.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience working with Portal technology, AODA compliance are an asset.
- Design, develop and implement additional functionalities within an existing CRM application utilizing Salesforce platform
- Execute various types of technical tests (unit, functional, integration, system, regression, penetration, performance and user acceptance testing)
- Ensure application integration with other applications (e.g. Outlook, third party applications, etc.)
- Track problems, defects and issues and recommend improvements
- Provide operational support
- Develop technical documentation
- Additional duties as assigned
- Knowledge transfer