JO 2452: Seven (7) Quality Assurance Test Analysts
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Anticipated Duration: 1 year
Description of Duties / Scope of Work
Responsibilities will range from analysing requirements coverage, creating Quality Assurance Strategy planning, completion of QA activities, creating test plans and test cases for system testing, executing test cases, documenting problem reports for identified problems, performing regression testing, maintaining test logs and producing test metrics based on test results. Ensure that the execution of QA processes and testing strategies lead to the deployment of quality applications and products to users and customers. Analyze project or requirement documents to identify test requirements. Review all relevant project documentation and provide feedback as required. Organizing planning, execution and reporting for the program testing activities. Identify and recommend changes to enhance effectiveness of software development life cycle. There will also be technical responsibilities of configuring hardware or software for the purpose of troubleshooting when investigating problems as well as using log files for detailed transactions processing analysis.
Mandatory Skills / Certification
- University degree/College Diploma in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience testing multi-layer architectural applications and complex systems.
- Understanding of automated fare collection concepts used in public transportation
- Experience in testing of financial transactions and reconciliation processes: credit and debit card processing, open payments, fare media and associated standards
Other Skills / Certification
- Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements – requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risk management
- Leadership skills to lead a group of Testers for particular business stream or device related testing phase
- Extensive experience in testing of complex enterprise and/or industrial applications including functional, non-functional and system integration testing using requirements traceability and coverage analysis
- Proficient in database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access)
- Knowledge of network and data communication protocols
- Interface Validation: automated data file parsing and analysis using Perl or Shell scripting
- Knowledge of public transportation operations terms/concepts and business functions
- Familiarity with concepts of Device Environmental Standards (EN 60950, EN 50155) for electronic equipment is highly desired
- Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards.
- Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, V-model, Agile)
- Proven problem-solving skills to identify, validate and verify system and software application issues using defect management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for knowledge exchange and transfer
- Certified CSTE/CSQA would be an asset
- Test Plans
- Record of Test Results
- Logging project activities on a weekly basis
- Updating Application Test Progress on a weekly basis
- Creating Deficiency Forms (where applicable)