SharePoint and SSRS Developer
Contract Term: Six (6) months
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol. The contracted resource will be required to work remotely due to the Covid-19 situation but, we may require the resource to work on premises in the future if the pandemic situation changes for better. The resource will be provided with a laptop and will be given remote access.
Millennium is seeking a software developer with SharePoint and SQL Server Reporting Services experience to provide development and maintenance services.
- Provides detailed estimates effort for the software development life cycle.
- Assesses service requests for validity and recommends solutions.
- Works with Architects to ensure appropriate solutions and technology.
- Defines development requirements and assists in the integration of third-party tools/applications.
- Participates in quality-assurance activities, such as design and code reviews.
- Reviews system and integration testing functions.
- Develops application code, architecture, specifications and technical interfaces.
- Tests and maintains functional and non-functional system components.
- Analyzes data integrity issues with proposed and existing systems, recommends and implements solutions.
- Implements additions and enhancements to existing applications.
- Provides application support of existing system.
- Participates in problem resolution.
- Documents application code and system configuration, along with software maintenance and administrative processes.
- Contributes to the creation of technical and operational guides, transition and deployment documents, and change requests.
- Other software developer duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience developing new application solutions, maintaining existing applications, and providing ongoing production support.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, n-tier technology platforms, and software applications in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems networking, information security, relational databases, and web services design standards.
- Experience in the development and implementation standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written and presentation.
It is preferred that the Resource has the following qualifications or experience:
- Three (3) years of experience with building business reports.
- Strong sense of report design, attuned to the fundamentals of user interaction.
- Experience creating, maintaining and supporting SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports using Visual Studio 2015 or later.
- Microsoft certifications such as Business Intelligence Developer on SQL Server (asset).
- Experience developing new solutions, maintaining existing solutions, and providing production support in SharePoint.
- Experience developing SQL statements and stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Excellent knowledge of Transact-SQL language.
- Experience working within MS Excel workbooks.
- Experience working with users to define solution requirements.
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com