Client: Public Sector
Term: Up to twelve (12) months with a possibility to extend.
Project Location: Covid-19 protocol. The contracted resource will be required to work remotely due to the Covid-19 situation but, we may require the resource to work on premises in the future if the pandemic situation changes for better. The resource will be provided with a laptop and will be given remote access.
The Architect will have experience providing technical leadership to ensure technical integrity and consistency throughout a solution’s life-cycle stages.
- Document the business drivers, client area processes, and how those processes contribute to the achievement of the area’s business goals
- Analyze the business needs of clients and stakeholders to propose potential solutions both technical and non-technical
- Lead the translation of business requirements into high-level design specifications
- Design and document cost effective, innovative and operationally supportable solutions
- Document the structure, connections, and relationships of business processes, organizational work groups, data, applications, user interfaces, applications interfaces, infrastructure, and network topology
- Design solutions that recognize and adapt to the business, technical, and financial constraints
- Develop solutions that recognize IT operational limitations and opportunities
- Document the effort, risk, costs, and complexity of potential solutions
- Research and write discussion documents on such topics as emerging technologies, vendors, functionality and reliability of products, and service offerings
- Review proposed solution architectures and ensure they align with overall enterprise architecture roadmaps, standards, designs, and strategies
- Ensure solution architectures meet business objectives for availability, reliability, performance, scalability, maintainability, manageability, and security
- Ability to identify trends and create appropriate strategy and roadmap documents for Enterprise IT initiatives such as Internet of Things (IoT), Information
- Management, Data Analytics and cloud platforms.
- Develop Enterprise principles, standards, and guidelines for enterprise solutions and strategic outlook.
- Develop Governance for enterprise solution approvals.
- Solution architecture reviews to insure alignment with Enterprise Architecture
- Develop templates for solution architectures and solution design documents.
- Develop or update domain specific architectures (business architecture, application architecture, mobile architecture and data / information architecture).
- Other architect duties as assigned
- Enterprise Architecture certifications such TOGAF, Zachmann, and ITIL
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working in technical Information Technology roles within complex enterprise environments
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience developing solution architectures on projects across n-tiered platforms
- Expert knowledge of Information Architecture principles and techniques, data management, data integration and data quality platforms and tools.
- Expert knowledge in at least one enterprise ETL tool
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working architecting solutions involving complex integration scenarios (multi-platform, competing technologies, SaaS and PaaS, Software as a Service)
- Knowledge of process re-engineering principles, requirements gathering, and middleware management
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple non-technical terms for various audiences
- Ability to adapt to change in dynamically evolving situations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Minimum 5+ years experience working in an Enterprise Architect role
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior executive management
- Minimum 5+ years experience developing and implementing standards, principles, guidelines, strategies and roadmaps for the enterprise
- Excellent customer service skills
Millennium Consulting: http://www.01mc.com